Biotest

About to Start V-Diet... Got Questions

So I’m about to start the diet…but I have to train first thing in the morning. When I did my “customized” meal plan I couldnt find a place where it laid out exactly pre/post workout nutrient timing. I know I need to consume surge after working out, but how long do I eat my breakfast shake before working out? Do I still eat my mid morning shake even after my post workout shake? Essentially that would just move my meals back slightly throughout the day since I’m sure I wouldnt want my mid morning snack right after my surge recovery drink. Is there any way you could give me a sample “workout” eating day? Thank you so much!

Breakfast shake: First, don’t skip it. Second, you probably want to wait at least an hour before training. There is no rule here, but training while very full may not be pleasant. Then again, some can handle it.

After Surge, again, you’ll want to wait at least an hour before another shake.

Be sure to spread Metabolic Drive shakes as evenly as possible throughout the day.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response. I have another quick question. The “look” I’d like to achieve is similar to a fitness model…not so much a hardcore bodybuilder (I totally respect the guys who achieve that level of muscularity but its not practical for what I’d like to do). Is this a good diet to achieve this look?

Yes.

But keep in mind, the main thing to do to avoid the “hardcore bodybuilder” look is to NOT take steroids. Otherwise, you better train as hard as you can along with consuming best food and supplements. Then, if the average guy works very hard and is very dedicated, he MIGHT look as good as a “fitness model.” Those guys are actually much bigger than they seem.

[quote]adamreid wrote:
Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response. I have another quick question. The “look” I’d like to achieve is similar to a fitness model…not so much a hardcore bodybuilder (I totally respect the guys who achieve that level of muscularity but its not practical for what I’d like to do). Is this a good diet to achieve this look?[/quote]

Don’t worry. That fact that you would even think that you could look like a natural “hardcore bodybuilder” without putting in years and years of absolute dedication is kind of funny. You have no idea what acheiving that look takes.
You lifting weights using the V Diet workout plan is not going to “get you jacked” over a matter of 6 weeks. You’ll be fine.

No one will accuse you of using the 'roids.

Hockeydawg,

I didn’t ask the question to make you laugh nor tell me “you have no idea what it takes” to be a professional bodybuilder. I am doing this velocity diet for grad school (I have my bachelors in Exercise Science and a minor in Dietetics). I am well aware of what the human body is capable of achieving in six weeks. My question was how it would relate to dropping bodyfat percentage in such a short amount of time.

My grad school project is specifically geared towards achieving the “look” of a fitness model. Thats why my question was so specific. I did not realize that posting on these boards was a way to “amuse” so called “hardcore bodybuilders”. Thank you for your time in reviewing my post. I am glad that you were almost inclined to laugh.

You are the reason that a majority of people do not wish to post things on this type of forum because “know-it-alls” such as yourself are inclined to post on subjects that in all actuality, they know nothing about. Once again, thanks for your time.

[quote]adamreid wrote:
Hockeydawg,

I didn’t ask the question to make you laugh nor tell me “you have no idea what it takes” to be a professional bodybuilder. I am doing this velocity diet for grad school (I have my bachelors in Exercise Science and a minor in Dietetics). I am well aware of what the human body is capable of achieving in six weeks. My question was how it would relate to dropping bodyfat percentage in such a short amount of time.

My grad school project is specifically geared towards achieving the “look” of a fitness model. Thats why my question was so specific. I did not realize that posting on these boards was a way to “amuse” so called “hardcore bodybuilders”. Thank you for your time in reviewing my post. I am glad that you were almost inclined to laugh.

You are the reason that a majority of people do not wish to post things on this type of forum because “know-it-alls” such as yourself are inclined to post on subjects that in all actuality, they know nothing about. Once again, thanks for your time. [/quote]

Perhaps you should have put that in your question then instead of asking, in essence, that you would like to look like a fitness model not a hardcore bodybuilder and if the V diet is good for looking like that.

If you have all these degrees then why are you even asking the question? You mean to tell me that you didn’t know that losing bodyfat would make you look leaner, and depending on your current muscle mass, look like a fitness model? Seriously? With all of your experience, you really asked the question that if severely limiting your calorie and carb intake is going to significantly increase your muscle mass?

I am by no means an expert, and I don’t have any fancy exercice degrees, but it doesn’t take an expert to look at your question and see that it is an ignorant one. Besides, how would you know if “a majority of people do not wish to post things on this type of forum”? You just joined and have a total of 3 posts. This V-Diet forum is extremely supportive of people of all experience levels, you would know that if you had been around for more than 4 days.

If what you intended to ask was “how it would relate to dropping bodyfat percentage in such a short amount of time”, then you should have stated that, not how you did not want to acheive the look of a hardcore bodybuilder and “Is this a good diet to achieve this look?”

Oh, and for the record, I am very supportive of the people who come here and legitimately want to improve themselves. I am by no means a bodybuilder, but I do have a healthy respect for what they do. I have done the V-Diet and am more than willing to help those go through the process to improve their life.

You got a riduculous response because you phrased your question in a ridiculous manner. Get over yourself.

Good luck in your project, I’m sure it will be very educational.

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:

[quote]adamreid wrote:
Hockeydawg,

You are the reason that a majority of people do not wish to post things on this type of forum because “know-it-alls” such as yourself are inclined to post on subjects that in all actuality, they know nothing about. Once again, thanks for your time. [/quote]

Perhaps you should have put that in your question then instead of asking, in essence, that you would like to look like a fitness model not a hardcore bodybuilder and if the V diet is good for looking like that.

If you have all these degrees then why are you even asking the question? You mean to tell me that you didn’t know that losing bodyfat would make you look leaner, and depending on your current muscle mass, look like a fitness model? Seriously? With all of your experience, you really asked the question that if severely limiting your calorie and carb intake is going to significantly increase your muscle mass?

I am by no means an expert, and I don’t have any fancy exercice degrees, but it doesn’t take an expert to look at your question and see that it is an ignorant one. Besides, how would you know if “a majority of people do not wish to post things on this type of forum”? You just joined and have a total of 3 posts. This V-Diet forum is extremely supportive of people of all experience levels, you would know that if you had been around for more than 4 days.

If what you intended to ask was “how it would relate to dropping bodyfat percentage in such a short amount of time”, then you should have stated that, not how you did not want to acheive the look of a hardcore bodybuilder and “Is this a good diet to achieve this look?”

Oh, and for the record, I am very supportive of the people who come here and legitimately want to improve themselves. I am by no means a bodybuilder, but I do have a healthy respect for what they do. I have done the V-Diet and am more than willing to help those go through the process to improve their life.

You got a riduculous response because you phrased your question in a ridiculous manner. Get over yourself.

Good luck in your project, I’m sure it will be very educational. [/quote]

Since you don’t have “fancy degrees”, let me explain my reason for stating the question as I did. There is a thing called an “experimental hypothesis”. It requires people with “fancy degrees” to state their question in such a way to make it fit with certain experiments and assumptions. In order for me to assure myself that my conclusions will, in fact, answer my thesis statement (another “fancy degree” word) I have to ask my questions in certain ways. You tell me to get over myself when it was you, in a disgustingly arrogant manner, who responded to my previous post. I hope the rest of the forum users (because after all I have only been a member for 4 days as you so acutely noticed) are a bit more supportive and receptive than you have been. Maybe one day I will be as wise as you. I can only hope.

@adamreid - Granted my education is only semi-fancy (Bachelors in Sports Med, CSCS, etc)

But I think you have over-reacted a bit. Yes, granted hockeydawg could have chosen different phrasing, but even then in reading his words and having read many a previous post by him. I see nothing in what he wrote as being intentionally disrespectful.

He wrote “is kind of funny.” How does that translate to responding in an arrogant and disrepectful manner?

And speaking as someone who has put in a little time, study, makes his living helping people improve health, as well as someone who works with people with fancy degree. Your statement is a bit odd. Especially if your degree is in Exercise Science.

Exactly what is your definition of hardcore bodybuilder?

because I have met a few fitness models, competitors, etc, who are just as lean as your “hardcore” bodybuilder. Even more so at certain times.

Now if the extent of your nutritional experience has come from your college courses I can understand how soem confusion can arise. After all, there is a big difference between studies to be a Dietician (which influences most dietetic study courses), and studying to be certified as a Sports Nutriionist (which I am currently doing)

I know this because I have a colleague who is an RD, and we respectfully agree to disagree often.

Again your statement, and over the top response seems odd, and I’m just trying to clarify.

In all honesty, hockeydawg, and others can be very helpful to you here. You may want to consider taking a breath and rereading what he typed. Keep in mind, you can’t hear a person’s tone of voice over the internet.

That being said, save the big technical wor for discussion with those who speak the language. Using such terms to belittle someone does not win any friends. Even among those who study in the field.

One of my clients was a surgeon for the LA dodgers, and as plain spoken a man as you will find. Food for thought.

Point of fact, I said “I don’t have any fancy exercise degrees” not that I don’t have any degree at all. My degree is in Nuclear Engineering, so it’s no bachelors in Exercise Science and a minor in Dietetics but I did learn those enough to understand those very fancy “sciency” degree words. Thanks for trying to belittle me, if that was your intention, but I got it.

@adamreid hey man hockeydawg responded the way you did to your original comment because your original comment seemed a little naive, whether you meant it or not. hockeydawg was just responding to what he saw on the forum. it seemed like he was just trying to bring you down to earth because to be honest alot of people on this website have unrealistic expectations of what they can achieve with workouts and supplements in a short time period.

there’s no need for anyone to get upset. we should all be helping each other push themselves to achieve the results they want. good luck to you adamreid. hope your V-Diet goes well

Adamreid,
I think you need to take a step back, chill out and re-read your and Hockeydawg’s posts. Given your educational background you should realize that his point was valid - the way you worded your question it seemed like you are intentionally avoiding the “risk” of ending up looking like a hardcore bodybuilder after the VDiet, something which you should know would be impossible, unless you are already pretty damn close to that look.

Now, given that we’re all adults with fancy degrees here, let’s relax and discuss it as such, shall we?

Just to clarify, I did not mean to offend anyone. Hockeydawgs response of “you have no idea what it takes” was a little out of line. I realize you cannot hear someone’s tone over the internet. I had already gotten the response from chris that I needed for my paper and then I felt as though hockeydawgs “added” comment was a little out of line.

I was under the understanding that these forums were open to people to ask any question without judgement. “You have no idea what it takes” and “I find it kind of funny that you would even think that” seem to be a little judgemental. Those statements made me react the way I did, especially since I said absolutely nothing to hockeydawg.

I didn’t mean to sound condescending or the like. That is not the type of person I am. I will carry on with my project without the use of the forums. Thank you for your time and input. Good luck with your various fitness endeavors.

Stick around, man. As you said, you can’t hear someone’s tone over the internet. Things that would sound perfectly normal in a regular conversation might get misunderstood simply due to the shortcomings of a message board as a means of communication.

Hell, I had quite an argument with citydawg a couple of days ago over something we mostly agree about, I believe. I’m pretty sure that same argument would not happen in real life, because it would take us 5 minutes to figure out what the other person actually meant.

If the V-Diet is important to your degree that alone should make you stay, since you’ll be able to interact with Chris and dozens (hundreds?) of people who have done the V-Diet in the past. Sure, there are things here that will piss you off, but that’s just how things are everywhere. In time you’ll learn to ignore them (I hope, I still get pissed off easily :wink: )

[quote]BiP wrote:
Stick around, man. As you said, you can’t hear someone’s tone over the internet. Things that would sound perfectly normal in a regular conversation might get misunderstood simply due to the shortcomings of a message board as a means of communication.

Hell, I had quite an argument with citydawg a couple of days ago over something we mostly agree about, I believe. I’m pretty sure that same argument would not happen in real life, because it would take us 5 minutes to figure out what the other person actually meant.

If the V-Diet is important to your degree that alone should make you stay, since you’ll be able to interact with Chris and dozens (hundreds?) of people who have done the V-Diet in the past. Sure, there are things here that will piss you off, but that’s just how things are everywhere. In time you’ll learn to ignore them (I hope, I still get pissed off easily :wink: )[/quote]

right on BiP

“Is this a good diet to achieve this (fitness model) look?” This seems like a great question to get an expert (Chris S) to verify the claim such that it can be used in academic research. I’d be interested in hearing more about the project and how you determine if such and such (training/nutritional strategies) were effective in progressing towards the “fitness model” look. It seems like a very qualitative goal. Do you gather a group of hot girls and have them assign a value reflective of their desire to have a one-night stand with the study participants? Then at the end of the study reevaluate with same hot-girl panel? Even though I’m joking, I would absolutely be interested in the results of the bullshit I just concocted.

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
“Is this a good diet to achieve this (fitness model) look?” This seems like a great question to get an expert (Chris S) to verify the claim such that it can be used in academic research. I’d be interested in hearing more about the project and how you determine if such and such (training/nutritional strategies) were effective in progressing towards the “fitness model” look. It seems like a very qualitative goal. Do you gather a group of hot girls and have them assign a value reflective of their desire to have a one-night stand with the study participants? Then at the end of the study reevaluate with same hot-girl panel? Even though I’m joking, I would absolutely be interested in the results of the bullshit I just concocted. [/quote]

I wrote rant/joke article once that said only women should be allowed to judge bodybuilding contests. Criteria would be “would you sleep with him?” That, I reasoned, would clean steroids out of pro-bodubuilding and bring symmetry and aestheticism back to the sport. I was kidding… but it would work!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
“Is this a good diet to achieve this (fitness model) look?” This seems like a great question to get an expert (Chris S) to verify the claim such that it can be used in academic research. I’d be interested in hearing more about the project and how you determine if such and such (training/nutritional strategies) were effective in progressing towards the “fitness model” look. It seems like a very qualitative goal. Do you gather a group of hot girls and have them assign a value reflective of their desire to have a one-night stand with the study participants? Then at the end of the study reevaluate with same hot-girl panel? Even though I’m joking, I would absolutely be interested in the results of the bullshit I just concocted. [/quote]

I wrote rant/joke article once that said only women should be allowed to judge bodybuilding contests. Criteria would be “would you sleep with him?” That, I reasoned, would clean steroids out of pro-bodubuilding and bring symmetry and aestheticism back to the sport. I was kidding… but it would work! [/quote]

Yes it would. It might also get bodybuilding back to the golden age where competitors performed interesting feats of strength.

There is a very pervasive idea out there that if you try this workout, this diet, or this supplement, you are just going to quickly become huge and look like a pro bodybuilder. Many men and women believe this, but I have never seen a huge muscular dude running down the street yelling:

“I WOKE UP THIS MORNING LOOKING LIKE THIS! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME!?!?”