Biotest

About Superfood

On the process of caring much more about my micro nutrition… So I’ve finally bought one Superfood since I like the ingredients a lot, and I know I’d have a hard time buying and preparing all those veggies.

Too bad there is no more supp information : anyone from Biotest has the vitamin and mineral profile of this powder? I like to know where I am at, more or less.

[quote]tontongg wrote:
Too bad there is no more supp information : anyone from Biotest has the vitamin and mineral profile of this powder?[/quote]
There’s no exact way to know, for the same reason there’s no exact way to know how much vitamin C is in the frozen blueberries you bought last week compared to the frozen blueberries I bought last week. There’s no way to know if there’s exactly 600mg C and 250mg magnesium per two scoops, for example, because natural foods will vary. Superfood does standardize the particular extracts of antioxidants, but that’s it.

And actually, something that even I forget pretty often, Superfood isn’t even “supposed to” be a vitamin/mineral supplement. It’s a high-potency food-based antioxidant formula. That’s what it’s supposed to be and that’s what it does. If it “accidentally” delivers some good, natural vitamins and minerals also, that’s a bonus.

Double-check the “Details” section of the Superfood page for more info on why it’s made the way it’s made:

Lots. Enough. Plenty. That should pretty much cover it. If you want to be 1,000% sure you’re taking in a specific amount of certain vitamins and minerals, consider supplementing with those specifically.

Well thanks for the answer.

I’m actually asking this because I consume more or less 4 fruits a day, and half a pound of frozen veggies, and also bought a multi that is loaded in vitamins and a few minerals

So I considered taking one scoop of superfood instead of 2, but maybe my consumption/assimilation of fruits, veggies, and vitamins isn’t enough so I should stick with 2

Dope taste by the way. The other ones I tried before had algae and stuff like spinach and wheatgrass, tasted pretty horrible. I’m considering mixing it with Plazma peri workout and go without the aromatizer, drinking those artificial sugars first thing in the morning sucks

[quote]tontongg wrote:
I’m actually asking this because I consume more or less 4 fruits a day, and half a pound of frozen veggies, and also bought a multi that is loaded in vitamins and a few minerals

So I considered taking one scoop of superfood instead of 2, but maybe my consumption/assimilation of fruits, veggies, and vitamins isn’t enough so I should stick with 2[/quote]
Sounds like you eat more fruit than most lifters, but I wouldn’t say a half-pound is a lot of vegetables, so you should be fine with the full 2 scoops.

That’d be a bad call. Antioxidants taken right around training can impair the training stimulus. See #1 here:

Also, mixing pretty much anything other than creatine with Plazma runs the risk of reducing its overall effect because of the way the formula is designed.

Okay! Thanks a lot for your help

From the ‘for what its worth’ department. I usually take SuperFood with my protein shake or a smoothie. And it always travels with me. I really like it.

It’s alright to take Superfood with Mag-10, correct?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]tontongg wrote:

So I considered taking one scoop of superfood instead of 2, but maybe my consumption/assimilation of fruits, veggies, and vitamins isn’t enough so I should stick with 2[/quote]
Sounds like you eat more fruit than most lifters, but I wouldn’t say a half-pound is a lot of vegetables, so you should be fine with the full 2 scoops.

That’d be a bad call. Antioxidants taken right around training can impair the training stimulus. See #1 here:

Also, mixing pretty much anything other than creatine with Plazma runs the risk of reducing its overall effect because of the way the formula is designed.[/quote]

Chris Shugart actually advised that even creatine in Plazma messes with the Plazma and not to do it…just fyi

[quote]SteelerBill wrote:
I usually take SuperFood with my protein shake or a smoothie. [/quote]
I actually often do the same. Either Superfood in a protein shake or just in some warm water by itself, also sometimes in oatmeal. Just saying you don’t want to have it in a workout shake immediately before, during, or after lifting.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
It’s alright to take Superfood with Mag-10, correct?[/quote]
People have done that before, yep, so that should be fine. Mag-10, with or between meals, isn’t the same as Plazma before or during training. The rate of absorption for the different nutrients isn’t as much of an issue.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
Chris Shugart actually advised that even creatine in Plazma messes with the Plazma and not to do it…just fyi [/quote]
I don’t think that’s an accurate quote. As far as I’ve ever known, creatine is pretty much the only thing that can be added to Plazma, and that’s the kind of advice that’s been given for years.