Biotest

Aaron's V-Diet Blog

Ok, so here we go…

My name is Aaron and I have decided to completely buy into this program. I figure if I am going to go without food for a month then I can at least spend a little time a few times a weeks writing about it.

I guess a little bit of background is in order. I was always very active and was always a big kid. It never really hampered my abilities to play sports but it was always a problem. After high school however, my playing days were over. I went to college and decided that because my best friend was on the football team I needed to go with them to lunch and dinner and eat everything they ate. It was a great idea

I ballooned up to around 290, which was a very bad look. However after running and lifting and watching my diet religiously for about a year I slimmed down to around 215.

After college I went to work as a personal trainer and ended up at a small college as a strength and conditioning GA. I am now in my second year as a teacher and football coach at a large high school.

I was doing great up until last spring break where I went to California on a snow boarding trip. I fell and dislocated my shoulder. In doing so I torn my Librium completely off, shredded my rotator cuff and ripped my biceps tendon so that my bicep rolled down to my elbow.

It took almost a full year to get back to normal but in the mean time I have packed on the pounds. I haven’t been this fat since I was fat. My lower body lifts have taken off and my bench and upper body stuff is coming along well.

I think that this is a great idea, this V-Diet. I first read about it when Dan John did it and I was very impressed. I agree with him when he says that he enjoyed the challenge of it. Lately I have felt as if I haven’t been training for anything in particular and that made it difficult to watch what I was eating and made my workout stink. I am looking forward to completing this.

I am currently on day three of this and it is going well. It is nice having the print out of exactly what your shakes should be. Making all your shakes in the morning and just taking them with you for the day is great.

Hopefully all this works out and I am super ripped up and healthy at the end of this month. Good luck to all of you reading this and all you who are doing your own diet.

Hi Aaron!

Sounds like your head’s in the right place for this anyway :slight_smile: Have you taken your starting measurements/pics yet?

Keep us posted on your progress, Aaron!

[quote]christietracy wrote:
Hi Aaron!

Sounds like your head’s in the right place for this anyway :slight_smile: Have you taken your starting measurements/pics yet? [/quote]

ditto.

also, what workout program are you doing?

Ok, a little update.

Im a little weirded out. 2 days ago I weighed and was down to 226. I started at 233. I weighed a later in that day and was right about the same weight. Now, i assumed that the majority of that was water and just my body transitioning to this.

The past two days however, I have weighed 235ish. Same scale, same time of day? Weird.

I haven’t been cheating. To be honest, I have been really surprised at how easy it is. Im not really hungry and dont feel like im dragging through the day energy wise.

Im not upset and not going to quit, I just think its interesting how this is working out.

But you ARE cheating. You’re weighing daily, which, as the diet plan says, “will drive you nuts.”

Really, folks, there are reasons for every part of the V-Diet, even the scale stuff.

Oh and just a little word of advice, Never make an all banana shake with all the additives.

It was like a snot ball that took 15 minutes to swallow.

[quote]afish47 wrote:
Oh and just a little word of advice, Never make an all banana shake with all the additives.

It was like a snot ball that took 15 minutes to swallow.

[/quote]

LMAO - that is sooooo funny! I had the EXACT same experience on day 3 of my diet (when I was having issues w/ the nauseausness). I actually ended up dumping it out and making a chocolate shake. I couldn’t even sniff the banana for another week or so, but I started mixing it w/ chocolate or strawberry in week 3, and it was much better :wink:

So what your saying, to a guy who hasn’t chewed anything in 6 days, is that I AM cheating by looking at the scale.

That seems a tad ridiculous. But thats just me.

maybe theres an misunderstanding but according to what i’m reading, seems like chris is saying your weighing yourself too much which can drive you nuts. trust me i know about weighing yourself too much