Biotest

A Quick Lesson in Mayo

Get some good mayo made with olive oil and without a lot of added junk. Spectrum makes some decent stuff.

Now, add these flavors to it: lime juice, chopped chipotle in adobo sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.

Mix.

Enjoy.

Other ideas for mayo: cumin, curry, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, oregano… the possibilities are endless.

Never have dry chicken breasts again. Or salmon. Or tuna.

Action shot.

Is the Spectrum made only with olive oil? Other brands of OO mayo contain mostly soybean oil with just a smidge of OO. It’s really annoying.

[quote]firespinner93 wrote:
Is the Spectrum made only with olive oil? Other brands of OO mayo contain mostly soybean oil with just a smidge of OO. It’s really annoying.[/quote]

You’re right. Searching for good mayo IS annoying. (And I haven’t tried making it myself yet.)

Spectrum makes some okay ones: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=57

its real easy to make by hand with a wisk using light olive oil (anything fancier tastes to strong)

Okay, I bit the bullet: homemade mayo!

I’ll post a recipe soon.

my inlaws brought my wife and me an authentic lime/lemon-squeezer-thing from mexico (they are from mexico, about an hour away from mexico city), said they were “better than the garbage they make in the US”. my wife asked me to use it once to squeeze some lime juice on on some chicken (the first time using it) and it snapped right in half! i took it to their house and they said i abused it and broke it on purpose. my wife defended me and said she was right there when i was using it and i was on my 2nd lime half when it just broke.

we since have bought a yellow one from walmart like the one in your picture and it has lasted through many lime squeezings…just a short story to brighten your day.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Okay, I bit the bullet: homemade mayo!

I’ll post a recipe soon.
[/quote]

NICE!!