Biotest

A Good Weight and Bodyfat % Scale?

Hi Chris,

Do you have a brand recommendation for an accurate weight and body fat scale? It’s hard to weigh myself first thing in the morning without running to the gym to get on the triple beam. Looking for a good scale to invest in for a long time.

I think you just want a quality scale, the ones that give you a BF% are pretty inaccurate I’ve heard.

[quote]nateschmidt24 wrote:
I think you just want a quality scale, the ones that give you a BF% are pretty inaccurate I’ve heard.[/quote]

Correct.

Just get a good digital scale. Those Tanita type scales that claim to measure body fat are wrought with problems. Very inconsistent. I had one. Threw it out.

Now I have a fairly cheap one made by Conair, actually sold under the Weight Watchers label! But it’s digital, accurate, and consistent. Got it at WalMart years ago.

The important thing with weighing is to go by the rules: morning only, after waking and peeing, before drinking, naked or undies only, with same scale sitting in the same place. The body can fluctuate at least 5-6 pounds over the course of the day, so always do the morning thing.