Biotest

A Few Questions

Hey Guys:

I am curious about starting the Velocity Diet. I am 6’1, 210 lb. and I’m at around 15% body fat. Though I have some visible abs, I struggle to get extremely lean and still have that “soft muscle” look. I work with a trainer and powerlift three times per week. I also do conditioning work (kettlebell circuits, battling ropes, prowler) twice per week on off days. Do I sound like a good candidate for the plan?

If I start the diet, would I be able to continue training in this manner following my program or do I need to specifically adopt the program Dan John wrote? I understand the notion of not training ridiculously hard since I will not be eating solid food for a while, but is it possible to retain my three day program with a focus on keeping my PR numbers on the big three and doing the bodyweight training on the weekend? Also, are we allowed one whole food meal per day or per week on the plan?

Lastly, does the Velocity Diet have any empirical evidence to suggest its efficacy? And can I still chew gum and drink black coffee on the diet? Sorry for the myriad questions, I just want to acquire as much info as I can before I embark on the journey!

1. For best results, follow the workout plan in the ebook (which wasn’t written by Dan John, not sure where you got that.)

2. Sounds like you haven’t gotten the new ebook yet. It’s free: http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/velocity-diet Most of your questions should be answered there.

Thanks. I tried to follow the link but when I got to the final stage of the checkout process, after I inputted my info, the page came up “404 Not Found.” Is there another link I can try?

Please contact customer service. 800-525-1940 or service@biotest.net. I think it’s working though, so it could have been just a blip. May want to try again.

[quote]
Lastly, does the Velocity Diet have any empirical evidence to suggest its efficacy? And can I still chew gum and drink black coffee on the diet? Sorry for the myriad questions, I just want to acquire as much info as I can before I embark on the journey![/quote]

Yes, everyone on the site who has done it and achieved amazing results. If you haven’t yet, check out the “before/after” photos in the V-Diet forums, lots of great stories there. Also, if you examine the break down the macros, overall caloric intake, the way the workouts are designed, it’s clear that it will work if you follow it strictly.

But, as Chris writes, the V-Diet is a “machine,” every gear has a purpose and should be followed exactly as written for the desired results.

Good luck!