Biotest

9/2 is V-Day

Hey hey, easy day 5 today. Woke up just to take my HOT-ROX and went back to sleep. No work today and sleeping in is good.

Woke to my first shake and morning sups about 10am.
Had to attend a wedding, so my week’s HSM was to be at the reception. This is when things went a little off track. Drank shake 2 about noon driving in the car before the ceremony that starts at 12:45.

Nice event. Forgot to bring my afternoon HOT-ROX, but no big deal, I get to eat at the reception right?
Um…somehow it doesn’t start till 4pm! What the hell? Noone schedules the reception two and a half hours later! OK, lets find some stuff to do and then head to the reception. Starving and looking forward to HSM, we come to the reception. Where is my plate and the catering!!! Um…we are serving about 5:30. Now I’m REALLY like what the hell is going on here! Water is not cutting it.

My girls are like “daddy, try the yummy punch” GF is pushing my drink vodka and OJ (Goose and Juice I call it as I drink Grey Goose). “No thanks all, I’ll just enjoy my ice water.” “Go on, you have the appetizers, I don’t really like…” This is some bull. During this week, never went more than 3 waking hours without “food”, it’s been almost 6 and I should have had 4 “meals”.

Finally got my plate around 6PM. Had spinach salad, salmon, chicken breast, and a touch of cheese tortellinis as a decadent pasta treat. Should have had no problem keeping the meal under 2 shakes and PB and IT WAS SUPER GOOD.
Finishing my PM shake now before bed. Work out day tomorrow.

Fitnesslady, glad I could help. We’re in it together.

How dare they make you wait! Well my friend this is where planning comes in, but doesn’t always work for functions like this. There is no timing at weddings.

Good for you for not indulging in the alchol and the punch. Sometimes I find the appetizers not to my likeing anyway. The Anabolic Diet has made me to be a picky eater. Sounds like your HSM was good though.

Well keep on shaking!

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

[quote]bgdawgrr wrote:
Hey hey, easy day 5 today. Woke up just to take my HOT-ROX and went back to sleep. No work today and sleeping in is good.

Woke to my first shake and morning sups about 10am.
Had to attend a wedding, so my week’s HSM was to be at the reception. This is when things went a little off track. Drank shake 2 about noon driving in the car before the ceremony that starts at 12:45.

Nice event. Forgot to bring my afternoon HOT-ROX, but no big deal, I get to eat at the reception right?

Um…somehow it doesn’t start till 4pm! What the hell? Noone schedules the reception two and a half hours later! OK, lets find some stuff to do and then head to the reception. Starving and looking forward to HSM, we come to the reception.

Where is my plate and the catering!!! Um…we are serving about 5:30. Now I’m REALLY like what the hell is going on here! Water is not cutting it.

My girls are like “daddy, try the yummy punch” GF is pushing my drink vodka and OJ (Goose and Juice I call it as I drink Grey Goose). “No thanks all, I’ll just enjoy my ice water.”

“Go on, you have the appetizers, I don’t really like…” This is some bull. During this week, never went more than 3 waking hours without “food”, it’s been almost 6 and I should have had 4 “meals”.

Finally got my plate around 6PM. Had spinach salad, salmon, chicken breast, and a touch of cheese tortellinis as a decadent pasta treat. Should have had no problem keeping the meal under 2 shakes and PB and IT WAS SUPER GOOD.
Finishing my PM shake now before bed. Work out day tomorrow.

[/quote]

Dude, if I was a teacher I’d give you the biggest freaking gold star I could find. That is impressive. That is as impressive a Gustavo making it through Christmas and New Years on the diet. Way to go.

Thank you Mr. Strange. 15 more and I’ve got student of the month all locked up (and I hear Jessica Simpson has a thing for students of the month too!!)
All right, day 6 comes to an end.
The theme of the day- Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!

Woke up early for my HOT-ROX. First shake was late as kickoff was 10am and I was drinking it as I made my kids Sunday brunch. Mmmmm…waffles, bacon, and of course, real maple syrup. Accept no substitute on the syrup!
Have to heat it just a touch, Damn it was good! Even added some of my little extra touches, like the real Madagascar Vanilla in the waffle mix. Only thing bad about breakfast? I didn’t get any.

Funny, even on the diet, I enjoy cooking. (I did feel like a Kanye West song though. I have Ensure for breakfast, boost for dessert, you all have pancakes, I’ll just sip this here!)
Anyway, my team was getting crushed by Buffalo during shake two, and the Cowboys took care of business while I had shake 3.

Had my NEPA and did my running around. Came back for shake 4 an hour before workout.
Now, if HBT workout 1 was a nice change of pace, HBT workout 2 was harder than I anticipated. 4x4’s are no joke.
A1 Standing Alt Shoulder press 65x2x4 then 75x2x4
Used same weights moving into A2 Lunge 4x4
A3 Dumbbell row 80x4x4

B1 Overhead DB tri ext 75x4x4
B2 Hammer Curls 45x4x4
B3 Front Squats 185x4x4
Front squats are relatively new for me and have a sting ray to help me and my GF with the bar.

Front planks 2x60 to end things up.
Good workout and I was hella drenched and wet when we were done.

So, here is where I may have broken down a bit. Made some Surge, and nearly tossed it up after a few sips. Couldn’t deal with it, but my rottie loves it! She loves anything I try first, so no surprise.

Did a remix. Since I needed 46g carbs and 340 cals, I decided to take a scoop of MD and add 1.5 oz of honey. (192 cal, 52g carbs) That made the shake 56g carbs, 302 cals. 20g Protein. That is close to the 340 cals, 25 protein, and 46g carbs of Surge, but I enjoyed the drink and felt outstanding after it. Still easily land under 100g carbs for the day.

Love to hear your feedback, especially Chris S on this. I can add waxy maze starch or other carbs instead of honey, but for whatever reason, Surge is just not sitting well with me.

Finished the evening with some more NEPA and bedtime shake and spoon of PB.

Tomorrow will be my real test as the State Fair is on and the weather is beautiful. Gonna have 2 shakes before we go about 10 and one at the fair. I’ll bring two bags with Protein just in case and my HOT-ROX.

I figure we will be done with rides by 4 as school will be out and we will be sick after 5+ hours.
Like Nancy Reagan taught me growing up, my theme tomorrow is “JUST SAY NO!”

[quote]bgdawgrr wrote:
So, here is where I may have broken down a bit. Made some Surge, and nearly tossed it up after a few sips. Couldn’t deal with it, but my rottie loves it! She loves anything I try first, so no surprise.
[/quote]

You may want to stick with Rasberry flavored Surge. I actually mix one scoop with about fourteen ounces of water and ice, it makes the consistency and flavor more like gatorade. I mean, it is great that your dog likes Surge, but damn, that is expensive dog water.

bddawgrr,

I have a little trouble with the Surge also. It has alwys been too sweet, so I have added only one scoop per about 16 oz. of water. Since I started V-Diet, I needed a few extra calories, so I added a 1/2 scoop, but increased the water to 20 oz. So far it works okay. Haven’t thrown it up yet and actually I think it has helped me get through my workouts at night.

Now my nausea seem to come with shakes. I though it got better, but had a tough time this weekend. Still no throwing up, but I am tired of the stomach pains, nausea et.

I am so glad you can cook while on this diet. I think that makes you a very strong person.

Hope you did well going to state fair.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

Day seven down to end the first week!!!
Boy was today easy, no Wendy’s “baconator”(ok, kids got a Wendy’s single cheese with bacon, but they thought close enough,no caramel apples,no elephant ears (damn I love those. Would that count as a HSM?), no funnel cake, lemonade, fresh roasted corn, cow pie cookies, krusty pups, scones,pulled pork sandwiches, onion burgers, BBQ turkey legs, NO NOTHING…just rides for me. Let me tell you three shakes and 10 rides make an interesting combo. Nip and tuck at the end there, but it all stayed down.

Once again I blew it and forgot my afternoon HOT-ROX just to make it even more challenging.
Overall though, it went well. Got my 5 shakes, ate my PB, didn’t cheat and walked for over 5 hours today. Good day overall, and solid week. Let’s see what the scale and tape tell tomorrow.

woah dude. great job at the state fair…

that would’ve been a test for me too. i was at the stadium on day one but my resolve was fresh. at day 7 i hope im as strong as you are to resist the shitty foods.

keep up the awesomeness!

[quote]bgdawgrr wrote:

Boy was today easy, no Wendy’s “baconator”[/quote]

Th Baconator. What an evil burger. I think both of my love handles are made up entirely of this fast food fat fest. Honestly, I bet during the month of May I had a Baconator every other day for lunch. Why am I fat?..obviously because my consumption of Baconators trumped Ethopia’s fiscal budget for the year.

Boy what a crappy list of items to eat. Most of them just gave me heartburn just reading them. LOL! The pulled pork sounded okay, but I’ll take mine without bun please!!!

Great for you for passing them up and doing what you needed to do.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

Alright, results time.
I am pleased with the first week. Made the day 8 easy and reinforced the sacrifices. Side benefits:

1. I lead our “biggest loser” contest in both pounds and percentage at work.
  2. My legs have always been muscular as I carry my fat on my torso, but I saw some striations on my quads that I hadn’t noticed when I flexed them. Pumped me up good and got me going into week two.

Numbers:
Weight:225 to 216 -9lbs
Chest:47 to 46 1/2 -1/2"
Waist: 42 1/8 to 41 1/2 -5/8"
Upper abs 40 to 39 -1"
Upper leg 25 1/2 to 25 -1/2"
Arms and Calfs unchanged
Neck: 16 1/2 to 16 -1/2"

Looking for another 5lbs this week and more abdominal losses and I’ll be very happy with the results. Mmm…already planning Saturday’s HSM. Some tasty chicken breast like CS makes or a nice grilled salmon fillet. Mashed cauliflower (tastes like potatoes when you add a touch of cream and butter buds.) Can’t wait and that is my reward focus right now.

bgdawgrr,

Great results and I am glad you are leading the pack at your contest.

I am so hoping for that I loss I didn’t acquire last week by Saturday. I will be pretty disapointed if I don’t reach the goal I have in mind.

I too am thinking about my HSM. Mine of course is going to be Bacon Wrapped Sirloin and either asaparagus or brocolli. I think it will be a little more filling and rewarding then last weeks HSM.

I have been taking pictures, but I can’t post right now. The second set I took last night and they came out pretty crappy. Hard to take by yourself in mirror, expecially the back one. After tweaking them a bit, what I really saw for me was some smoothing in my legs and a bit smaller in the abs and waist line area from the back view. I expected a little more in stomach area, but not much right now. That is where I look first, when I view peoples pictures. That’s where most of the time you see it the most.

Stay strong, we are both rounding are two weeks. Seems like it is crawling this week.

fitnesslady

[quote]bgdawgrr wrote:
Alright, results time.
I am pleased with the first week. Made the day 8 easy and reinforced the sacrifices. Side benefits:

1. I lead our “biggest loser” contest in both pounds and percentage at work.
  2. My legs have always been muscular as I carry my fat on my torso, but I saw some striations on my quads that I hadn’t noticed when I flexed them. Pumped me up good and got me going into week two.

Numbers:
Weight:225 to 216 -9lbs
Chest:47 to 46 1/2 -1/2"
Waist: 42 1/8 to 41 1/2 -5/8"
Upper abs 40 to 39 -1"
Upper leg 25 1/2 to 25 -1/2"
Arms and Calfs unchanged
Neck: 16 1/2 to 16 -1/2"

[/quote]

If those results don’t equate to motivation I don’t know what does. Nine pounds is quite a bit of weight man, be proud.

Keep the hard work up, only a few more days until a glorious HSM.

Thanks everyone. Week 2 is money week, so I look for progress here that I know will be 100% fat as the water is gone!

Went on a nice long NEPA walk today. Did 3 miles at lunch with one of the managers that work for me. It’s funny, I have to drag her along to go for the walk, she complains all the way, but is always happy I make her go. It’s kind of a sick humor we share.

Anyway, diet was easy today, but workout 3 was living hell! This HBT is the truth. I damn near couldn’t finish and almost tossed 3 times. My GF was like WTH too. I bagged on her cause I said I should be dragging as I’m on the diet!
A1 Deadlift 285x8x4
A2 Bench Press 205x8x4
A3 Chin up 8x4 I was like “this is some bull” they were so hard. I think the deads killed me after the second set.

B1 DB side raises 8x4
B2 Bent over BB row 8x4
B3 Reverse Crunch 8x4
B4 Reverse Lunge 8x4
One min rest each cycle

Lunges of death is what they were. Just beat to shit at the end, but worth it. I really did not think this workout would be this hard.
So tomorrow, my new Surge should come in. Had a whey isolate shake with honey again as I’ve stated the current Surge I have just doesn’t work. Other thing is that I really wished I had my creatine as I decided to stop using it when I started the diet.

The weather is so nice out here and will be for the next couple weeks, I am excited that I can do NEPA at work and really see this through! 9 days down means 1/3rd the way! Hoorah!

Update of the last 3 days. Pretty smooth going. Only issue was on Friday as I took the day off. I got up later than usual, so my shake sched was off. I had to force myself to drink as I was not hungry (for shakes). Ended up one short and no PB and flax serving.

Today had my HSM. Had 2 chicken breasts via CS recipe. Great flavor! Greens and 5 gnocchi for taste (made them for the kids).
Only 3 shakes today and workout.
Feel good and looking forward to Tues. weigh in to see the week’s results.

Easy cheesy day today. Good shake schedule and great workout. Got the raspberry Surge Friday and tried it today. It made all the dif in the world. Still kind of sweet, but the flavor actually tasted good compared to the others (vanilla, original).

Felt strong going into the week. Even dipped BW +70 for 4 sets (this was the 8 set work out)vs. the normal +45 I use.

Tomorrow ends week 2 and we measure/weigh Tuesday. Interested in the results.

BG,

I am so glad that your days are going strong. I look forward to hearing about your results.

Hang tough and stay strong.

fitnesslady

Thank you FL.

OK, week two results. Interesting. I feel I’ve lost weight, but the scale did not back me up as much as I thought. I do believe my week one water loss is now week 2 fat loss.
Stats:
Weight: Start 225/216/215 -1lbs
Waist: Start 42/41.5/40.5 -1 inch
Upper Abs: Start 40/39/38.75 -/25 inch

So, good inch loss and workouts remain strong.
Interesting about my cravings. HSM stuff, like baked salmon and fish, chicken breast, tuna and of all things, cucumbers. Funny it’s not fats or fast food, but protein based stuff and I get 300g a day. Hmm…

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.