Biotest

6-Day Split On The V-Diet?

Hmmm… clearly i have training on the V-Diet on my mind - This seems like a good idea to me… (Stolen from J-Rock at the AP forum)

Monday: Chest
�?� flat bench
�?� incline bench
�?� dumbbell flyes

Tuesday: Back
�?� deadlifts
�?� bent-over rows
�?� closegrip pulldowns

Wednesday: Shoulders
�?� behind-the-neck military presses
�?� laterals
�?� hangcleans
�?� shrugs

Thursday: Biceps/Forearms
�?� seated dumbbell curls
�?� preacher curls

Friday: Triceps
�?� close-grip bench,
�?� weighted dips
�?� nosebreakers)

Saturday: Legs
�?� squats
�?� front squats
�?� leg extensions

Sunday: Rest

If you lift 6 days a week instead of 3, you must then double your post-workout drinks, adding close to a 1000 calories and a lot of extra carbs to your weekly total. Not recommended. Stick to 3 full-body lifting sessions per week.

There are very specific reasons for each aspect of the V-Diet plan. Change them and the chances of failure skyrocket.

Once your on the V-Diet, it makes it much easier to only work out 3 days a week, since those will be some of the hardest workouts of your life if done properly.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Once your on the V-diet, it makes it much easier to only work out 3 days a week, since those will be some of the hardest workouts of your life if done properly.[/quote]

Good point.

Many people have grand plans for how to “improve” the V-Diet experience… until they actually get on the diet. Then they usually have an “ah ha” moment when they realize why the training is set up the way it is, why cardio isn’t part of the plan, why whey-only protein leads to failure, etc.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Once your on the V-Diet, it makes it much easier to only work out 3 days a week, since those will be some of the hardest workouts of your life if done properly.[/quote]

I have to second this. I was a little concerned about switching to a 3day schedule (I’ve always been on splits that were 4+ days). My V-Diet starts next week so this week I figured I would do the circuits to try to get my weights in the right range. HOLY CRAP my body is on fire (it still hurts to extend my arms all the way from those pullups). I was very glad to not have to go back to the weightroom yesterday after lifting Tuesday.

The workouts as written will be enough if you’re working hard. They’re written that way for a reason… I know I dont want to mess with it.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Once your on the V-Diet, it makes it much easier to only work out 3 days a week, since those will be some of the hardest workouts of your life if done properly.[/quote]

seconded…i have one more workout to go til i’m done and let me tell you…these workouts WERE FUCKING HARD. DO NOT CHANGE THE PLAN!

I remember Shugs talking about tunnel vision on squats and during week 2, I did squats. wooo boy.

It depends on conditioning but I’d agree for the average body builder or person starting the V-Diet they should stick to the plan.

I’ve been exercising heavily for two years now so for me I got noticeable improvements in performance and energy by just cutting my activity in half.

On the V-Diet I lift 4 days a week, 1xBJJ, 1x60min run, 1x30min run, 6x20min ride, 4x30min walk, 1x90min walk I do way more running, BJJ and riding when not on the V-Diet.

I just couldn’t drop all my sport it would be boring :slight_smile:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
If you lift 6 days a week instead of 3, you must then double your post-workout drinks, adding close to a 1000 calories and a lot of extra carbs to your weekly total. Not recommended. Stick to 3 full-body lifting sessions per week.
[/quote]

Never even thought of that - thats why you’re the boss.

Believe me I am doing the V-Diet training right now. I’m sore in places I have never had soreness before. It will kick your butt, take your name and make you feel like a wuss. I miss doing my HIIT because it is over and done with, but I couldn’t add it now if I wanted to! The NEPA walks are plenty enough.

closed #11

closed #12

closed #13