Biotest

6-25-08 is V-Day!


#1

I started my almost V-Diet adventure this morning. Thanks to all of you who have posted over the last several weeks and helped me get my courage up (Kurlie your posts were especially encouraging). I have been eating clean and training since January 7th and have toned down significantly since then (38 lbs. so far). I’m so excited to make this next push and see what happens. I’m currently 5’10" and 189lbs. My beginning measurements are:

Belly: 38 1/2"
Upper Leg: 25 1/8"
Lower Leg: 16 1/8"
Ankle: 9 3/4"
Chest: 41"
Upper Abs: 37 1/4"
Shoulders: 17
Upper Arm: 12 1/2 - I’m a sissy right!
Neck: 15 3/4

So here’s the deal, all my sups are Biotest but there was just no way I could afford Metabolic Drive. I really wanted to, but I’ve got four kids and money was just too tight. I’m using a Micellar Casein, Whey Isolate, Dairy blend with digestive Enzymes. Hopefully this won’t affect my outcomes too much. I know I can’t technically call it the V-Diet but you’ve all been so helpful that I wanted to post here anyway. Here’s to a great 28 days!


#2

So I don’t know why my stupid picture is flipped. Thought I fixed that! I was going to post all three pics but I’m working on getting them formatted correctly. I’ll post side by sides at the end of week 1.


#3

kyle i love you, your looking good, but VEET that chest my man…


#4

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you focused on putting some muscle on and maintaining your body fat level, you’d look a lot better in the long run. Rather than focusing on more fat loss IMO.

good luck


#5

I disagree with jehovasfitness… mainly because what he’s saying is probably what HE wants to do.

If your goal is to drop fat then do it.

You’re right though, this isn’t a V-Diet at all. You’re not using a single supplement listed at all. However, if you cut your calories to the caloric forumla listed (less than 30lbs part) you will do great. Keep strength up, fat down, and food constant. Compound lifts for the win.


#6

Well - Week 1 is in the books. I have really enjoyed the process so far. Some moments have been absolutely grueling, but for the most part its been really good.

My week 1 measurements and pics are coming, but in short I lost 11 pounds and 8 inches total.

The biggest disappointment of week 1 was my HSM. I had been craving a steak and cucumber salad from Ruby Tuesdays the entire first week. I guess I just expected it to taste better. It honestly wasn’t that good.

for the record mpenix I am supplementing. It is in my original post but just for clarification I am using all of the Biotest supplements and the supplementation schedule recommended by Shugart. I’m just not using Biotest protein because my budget wouldn’t allow for it. Thanks for the encouragement though.


#7

[quote]mpenix wrote:
I disagree with jehovasfitness… mainly because what he’s saying is probably what HE wants to do.

If your goal is to drop fat then do it.

.[/quote]

It’s not based on my goal. If you looked at his pic, then you would see a thin 5’10 guy that is 189 lbs and not fat. So he loses more weight, what’s that going to accomplish a rail thin guy that is lean?


#8

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
mpenix wrote:
I disagree with jehovasfitness… mainly because what he’s saying is probably what HE wants to do.

If your goal is to drop fat then do it.

.

It’s not based on my goal. If you looked at his pic, then you would see a thin 5’10 guy that is 189 lbs and not fat. So he loses more weight, what’s that going to accomplish a rail thin guy that is lean?[/quote]

As I stated it’s not about what you would like to be… or what you prefer. He’s 2 inches shorter than me and 25lbs heavier. I want to be near that weight soon but lean. If he wants to look lean and be lean first then don’t hold 'em back.


#9

Jehova - I definitely want to bulk up, but this has been 6 months of busting my tail to lean down. I’ll be finished with my V-Diet on July 22nd and then I’ll enter the transition phase. I’m already thinking about the next step of adding some healthy muscle. I’m up for any help bulking up. Let me know what you’re thinking!


#10

[quote]fragileandy wrote:
Jehova - I definitely want to bulk up, but this has been 6 months of busting my tail to lean down. I’ll be finished with my V-Diet on July 22nd and then I’ll enter the transition phase. I’m already thinking about the next step of adding some healthy muscle. I’m up for any help bulking up. Let me know what you’re thinking![/quote]

You have a good attitude and seem to be dedicated, so I assume you’ll be fine.

I do have a thread on the T-Cell Alpha board about what I’m doing to bulk you can check out. Not saying my way is the best, but I’ve made decent gains while not putting on a lot of flab.


#11

This is a side by side picture Jan. 7th - 227lbs. V-Diet Day Zero - 188lbs and V-Diet day 6 177lbs. Its hard to see the changes from day zero to now because the pictures aren’t there, but I can see definite differences.


#12

Same progression back pics.


#13

This is V-Diet Day 0 til Day 6. Measurements on day 6 were:
177 lbs.
Belly:36
Upper Leg:23
Lower Leg:15 3/4
Ankle:9 1/2
Chest:40 1/2
Upper Abs:35
Shoulders:16 1/2
Upper Arm:12 1/4
Neck:15 1/2

The total difference amounted to about 8 inches and 11 pounds. I’m sure much of that was water weight. So far I feel great and haven’t had too much trouble staying motivated. Like others I have had a little trouble in the restroom. Frankly pooping has been downright painful (constipated) so if any of you have any advice I’m all ears. I’m taking 5 fiber choice per day to meet my calorie intake. Also, I do the recommended flax seed. Like I said any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to comment


#14

Really big difference. Good job.


#15

huge difference man, way to go. What is your workout like at the moment?


#16

I’m using Waterbury’s workout that goes with the V-Diet.


#17

Hey Mpenix where are you from?


#18

[quote]fragileandy wrote:
Hey Mpenix where are you from?[/quote]

Not from nebraska, just live here. (bellevue, formerly omaha) i saw your main picture you look familiar but i don’t think i know anyone with 4 kids! sheesh.


#19

#20