Biotest

49 Year Old Male - Japan

Well today I started the V-Diet. Was contemplating this for months but finally got tired of seeing all the slacks in my closet that I can’t wear any more. I always considered myself in pretty good shape but the before photos show otherwise. Goal is a 34 inch waist and weight in the mid 190’s. Been there many times before but don’t maintain. Bought a pedometer and am shooting for 10,000 steps per day. I am a club golf pro which is why my right shoulder is so much lower than my left.

Starting stats:
204.5 lbs
16.5 neck
36.5 waist
42 chest
14 arms
40.5 hips
24 thighs

[photo]28931[/photo]

Nearing the end of day 1. Have done about 8600 steps on the pedometer before dinner. I walk a lot at work. More than I thought. Just finished the first workout. (beginner) Does anyone know how many sets of the plank to do? Looks like you do two sets holding as long as you can. So far I am feeling pretty good. Not feeling jumpy from the HOT-ROX at all, but do have some extra energy. I bowl tonight so will be active. So far so good.

Cool, I just started today, good luck!

Well it is now early evening of day 3 - i was very hungry today. I didn’t take HOT-ROX with afternoon shake and that was a mistake. I got so tired. Anyway, did more than 10,000 steps already today and haven’t done my workout yet. Pysching myself up for that right now. I can understand why people don’t stick with the diet - IT’s HARD!

Not that i didn’t know that. If I can binge eat for a year I can go 4 weeks with this program. Two more weeks with the transitions. I’m going to be on a boat all day saturday fishing so planning to premake the shakes and freeze them. I hope I have enough energy to reel in the big ones!

If anyone reads this I would definitely buy a pedometer. Shoot for 10,000 steps. Seeing the number at the end of the day is a huge motivator.

Does anyone know how much is in a serving of ground flax seed? I have using a heaping teaspoon as I couldn’t find the answer. CAn’t wait for the first HSM.

[quote]djprozama wrote:
Well it is now early evening of day 3 - i was very hungry today. I didn’t take HOT-ROX with afternoon shake and that was a mistake. I got so tired. Anyway, did more than 10,000 steps already today and haven’t done my workout yet. Pysching myself up for that right now. I can understand why people don’t stick with the diet - IT’s HARD!

Not that i didn’t know that. If I can binge eat for a year I can go 4 weeks with this program. Two more weeks with the transitions. I’m going to be on a boat all day saturday fishing so planning to premake the shakes and freeze them. I hope I have enough energy to reel in the big ones!

If anyone reads this I would definitely buy a pedometer. Shoot for 10,000 steps. Seeing the number at the end of the day is a huge motivator.

Does anyone know how much is in a serving of ground flax seed? I have using a heaping teaspoon as I couldn’t find the answer. CAn’t wait for the first HSM.[/quote]

My Box of Milled Flax Seed has 2 tbsp as one serving. Not for sure if all brands will carry over on this (attached is a picture of my box).

While I am just starting my V-Diet, I want to wish you the best of luck. I’ll be following.

Thanks for the info Alex. Good luck with the V-Diet. Just finished DAy 5 (one more shake to go). Tomorrow is my first HSM (after fishing). I must admit this was a very hard week. I am extremely hungry, even after drinking a shake. I guess this is normal but boy I really would like some food. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. I don’t want to quit or modify the diet. I’m going to search the hints section for ideas on ways to fight off the hunger.

How is your diet going?

Well it is noon on day 7. Played golf this morning - 6000 steps or so. Psyching myself up for my first V-Burn challenge. Yesterday went OK but I did have to eat a packet of tuna. Took 3 shakes with me but ran out of food around noon. Good think I had it along because I didn’t get home to eat my first HSM until 6 PM.

Had a delicious steak, 1/2 a sweet potato, fresh asparagus and a nice salad. It was AWESOME! Back to the program today. I wasn’t super hungry and contemplated skipping my last shake but instead made a nice treat. I took the ingredients and added hot water and made a nice pudding. I drank it with a TON of water and was stuffed. If you are ever too full to drink a shake try this pudding - it was great!

Tomorrow I will weigh and measure. Not expecting too much. If I could get a lb or 2 and 1/2 off the waist that would be great. I am hungry all the time. 21 more days!

morning of day 8. First week’s results:

lost 4 lbs (204.5 to 200.5
waist down from 36.5 to 35.5

You can’t argue with the results. The HOT-ROX tears me up. Makes me feel nauseous.

Keeping the 10,000 steps a day. I am contemplating adding a HSM (transition phase). I think my hunger level is just too high. Don’t want to be a quitter.

This is my after photo - it took a few months. I eat 3 scoops of protein in the morning and before bed. Two snack a day - oatmeal and protein - tuna salad for lunch and a healthy dinner. I do cardio in the morning and lift weights after work. These are the results. Nearly 20 lbs of fat lost - 4.5 inches off the waist. good luck to all.

Congrats. That a damn impressive transformation IMHO. Was this due to the V-Diet?

Looks like you turned back the clock 20 years, too.

Great work.

[quote]djprozama wrote:
This is my after photo…[/quote]

Wow! Great work!