Biotest

40 and Ready to Make a Change

So I am officially one week in. Doing some laundry, feeding the heathen (2.5yrs old) and then heading out to do my first Vburn. I am very fortunate in that I am doing this with my husband and in some ways I am sure it makes it easier but in others I worry that I am using him as a crutch for my own will power. I guess if I am aware of that mentally I can also mentally find my own discipline.

I have been working out steadily for about 4 months now, both strength and cardio. In the last 2 months I did an Ab boot camp and started doing spin 2x a week and in the last month added in hot yoga once a week. Now just doing hot yoga 1-2 times a week plus the Vdiet workouts (beginner)

I did not take weight or measurements unfortunately the day before but I do keep track so I will post those as estimated starting point. I did do a bod pod awhile back but don’t have access to that information right now. We are living in a SMALL temporary furnished apartment halfway across the country. IT super hot so we are out allot the first month I was here.

Doing the shakes has been ROUGH they are so artificially sweet that I find it to be gag worthy at times. We have found mixing to flavors the best. I am going to go to the market and get some pumpkin pie spice and more tea as that really seems to help. The post workout shake …OH MY GOD it took EVERYTHING in me to not puke that up. Any suggestions on making that more palatable I would gratefully welcome!

STARTING
weight: 171
Height: 60.5"
Waist: 32"
Hip: 42"
Chest: 33" (bra strap space)
Thigh (left): 25.5"
Neck: 13.75"

3 DAYS IN
weight: 167
Waist: 31.8"
Hip: 41.5"
Chest: 32" (bra strap space)
Thigh (left): 25"
Neck: 13.2"

Thankful for this motivational push. I have been struggling for a year just trying to loose 5 lbs and keep it off.

Today I woke up rough! Cranky! and Emotional! I knew it was coming but it was unpleasant. I am motivated for the Vburn though so hopefully that will be what pushes over this little hump.

Will post my first Vburn results later.

seeing that picture makes me so disappointed. I spent 35 years in great shape and now I can’t even wear a bikini.

Anyway. I made it through all 5 circuits in 41:16.5

I am stoked that I did all 5 circuits, my form wasn’t the best on some of the exercises and I still can’t do a true push up, just girl ones, but my plan is to always start trying and then do what I can with the best form possible rather than skipping pushups. We had our daughter with us and it was pretty cool to see her try and do the moves with us. Then followed it up with our nepa walk. Unfortunately we ran out of water so couldn’t drink our recover shake until about an hour or so later. I guess I am getting use to the flavor as I did not feel the need to barf…woot

Had to go to the market for the first time since starting and WOW that was a hard since I was SO hungry. Got home and immediately made a vanilla shake with some apple pie spice blended with Ice. REALLY good, not so toxicly sweet.

I don’t know if it was from missing a snack shake or the workout + our HSM but I am CRAVING crackers like about to kill someone for one, and I normally don’t even eat crackers.

One our walk we talked about what we craved, for me its hummus and veggies and for the hubs it’s meat. I thought I would crave baked goods the most. Now that the first week is ending I don’t even crave my coffee (HUGE addiction for me)

I have a crazy work week, usually coffee and crunch things are what get me through, but I am gonna try and stay strong.

seeing that picture makes me so disappointed. I spent 35 years in great shape and now I can’t even wear a bikini.

Anyway. I made it through all 5 circuits in 41:16.5

I am stoked that I did all 5 circuits, my form wasn’t the best on some of the exercises and I still can’t do a true push up, just girl ones, but my plan is to always start trying and then do what I can with the best form possible rather than skipping pushups. We had our daughter with us and it was pretty cool to see her try and do the moves with us. Then followed it up with our nepa walk. Unfortunately we ran out of water so couldn’t drink our recover shake until about an hour or so later. I guess I am getting use to the flavor as I did not feel the need to barf…woot

Had to go to the market for the first time since starting and WOW that was a hard since I was SO hungry. Got home and immediately made a vanilla shake with some apple pie spice blended with Ice. REALLY good, not so toxicly sweet.

I don’t know if it was from missing a snack shake or the workout + our HSM but I am CRAVING crackers like about to kill someone for one, and I normally don’t even eat crackers.

One our walk we talked about what we craved, for me its hummus and veggies and for the hubs it’s meat. I thought I would crave baked goods the most. Now that the first week is ending I don’t even crave my coffee (HUGE addiction for me)

I have a crazy work week, usually coffee and crunch things are what get me through, but I am gonna try and stay strong.

I gotta agree with you on the Surge Recovery. I have tried both original “flavour” and the raspberry and I find both horrendous. I would love to see them go the way the Surge Workout Fuel does with a flavour enhancer you can add in. I love that stuff.

And keep up the good work :slight_smile: This is definitely the best way I have ever tried to get back into decent shape again (from an almost 40 perspective)

ok so halfway through week 2 and still going fairly strong. I KNEW I shouldn’t weight myself this week (being a girl and all). But I did and I am up 1.4 from last week, which I did kinda expected with water and bloating.

I have however made some gains in the muscle department. I have gone up almost 5 lbs on the weights, which is great since I have always had weak shoulders and arms for some reason. AND are slightly less intimidated using the weight room. We are temp living on a military base and that room can get pretty full of heavy lifting men and with being overweight and inexperienced I find it so intimidating that I almost skip the exercises I need to do in there BUT I put on my big girl pants and did what I needed to do. However, when I am doing the Lat Pulldown underhand Grip it is tweaking my left elbow and/or shoulder. I have watched the video several times to ensure that my form is correct. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have found that the Vanilla shake flavor with some apple pie spice is the easiest for me to get down. I find it hard to do the evening shake, I am truly just not hungry but try to get at least half of it in me by 9pm. I DO NOT like getting up in the middle of the night to pee :frowning:

Hubs is a country boy and they are bred to eat and his job is very physically demanding so he is constantly hungry and I wish he would keep it to himself. I am not struggling as much as him but his reminders bring snacking to my mind. So I find the evenings hard with him around and having to still make healthy meals for our daughter; who I swear is purposely taking FOREVER to eat just to torture us (just kidding of course)

Looking forward to see my gains on the Vburn this weekend and of course our HSM. And can’t wait until I can weight myself and take measurements next week!

[quote]Oldnbroken wrote:

And keep up the good work :slight_smile: This is definitely the best way I have ever tried to get back into decent shape again (from an almost 40 perspective) [/quote]

thank you for encouragement, getting older has it’s perks but also some significant annoyances, like slower metabolism, old injuries coming back to haunt us, and having to share the gym with the 20somethings!

Hey, as a nearly 40 yr old bloke Im never going to complain about sharing the gym with 20 something yr old women :slight_smile: Increases the testosterone and makes me work harder :stuck_out_tongue: (Although the girl in the best shape (who is also the hardest working surprisingly enough) in our gym is a 36 yr old mum of 3 boys.