Biotest

3x Week Lifting and Indigo-3G

I’ve shifted over to a 3x a week lifting schedule. Generally Total Body, Big Compound movement focused in the 1-6 rep range w/ aux work on hypertrophy. Other days I walk or hike extensively. Wanted to give indigo-3G a look at and was wondering if the forum could give me some advise or direct me to the articles on how to look at my carb intake since I only train 3x a week and have 4 other days that I currently stay on lower carb base foods, meat and vegetables, fats etc.

Indigo is a fantastic product, game changer. I also do a 3x per week full body program, especially with Indigo you’ll really be able to eat up and fuel your gains. I believe the original recommendation was to start out around 300g carbs on a training day and see how you respond after a few weeks. Here’s some info no carb choices, try to stick to the typical bodybuilding clean carbs, things like:

-oats, rice (white, brown, rice pasta, any kind of rice really), quinoa, buckwheat, potatoes (any kind.)
-Fruit is ok but separate it from your Indigo. If you train in the afternoon, fruit earlier in the day would be a good choice.
-Support your training with great workout carbs and nutrition like Plazma

If you’re taking Indigo, you could certainly try upping you carb intake on non training days. If you’re training full body AND hiking your metabolism is probably pretty fast, so I would imagine if you upped your carbs on non training days and took Indigo you’d see some great results.

Follow the label instructions and take your 6 Indigo pills 30 minutes before your workout nutrition, have your Plazma during training, eat up on your clean carbs and enjoy the results. I’ve been on Indigo for years, it’s an incredible supplement!

If you have any further questions be sure to post!

Thanks @robstein. Is the idea to hammer them in specifically peri w/o and then be relaitvely normal? Are there any articles out there? How does the below look?

I usually train at lets say 4pm.

let say this is a training day.

This is what a normal training day looks like during the week
wake at 5:45am for work
6:30am black coffee
9am: I have an apple & peanut butter in the morning or I skip
12noon: Spinach, chicken & some other vegetable (maybe a carb if there is left over)
3pm: 1 cup of oats and a scoop of whey. 55carbs (maybe a double this up for 2 cups?)
3:45pm Indigo-3G
Peri workout: I want to pick up Surge Workout Fuel for budget sip pre & during 50 carbs (currently dont take anything)
4:00pm: workout
530pm:Post workout 1.5 scoops Metabolic Drive & a banana & frozen berries 35-40 carbs
7pm Dinner: 40 pro 100carbs (potatoes, rice etc) & greens

Been having general success lately with leaness on the morning fasts/eating more later in day.

You want to take your Indigo 30 minutes prior to training then load up with quality carbs to support training. On a non training day, take them 30 minutes prior to your most carb filled meal of the day and you can consume clean carbs after, Indigo is in your system for about 6 hours doing its thing.

For articles, this would be a good place to start, and it also contains links to other Indigo articles at the bottom.

It’s the general consensus that IF is not an ideal way to go if your goal is building muscle, which it certainly seems to be. If you’re going to take Indigo, take advantage of it and eat up! Especially if you’re already fairly lean, which it looks like you are, it shouldn’t be hard. There are a few glaring things that stick out to me about your plan I would recommend adjusting.
-Your biggest carb consumption is 100g carbs at night AFTER training. You should really be taking in as many as possible BEFORE training, to support your training and gains.
-Your protein intake is very low for someone trying to gain mass, about 120g! Yikes!
-You have no dietary fats.
-Your current breakdown looks to be about 240c, 120p, 0-14f if you have the peanut butter.

So, in my opinion not optimally supporting muscle gains. I bet if you made the following adjustments you’d pack on some SERIOUS LBM!

Here’s what I would recommend that will allow you to maintain insulin sensitivity by focusing your carbs around your training window, and still incorporate some morning fasting that you’re used to:

6:30am - coffee
9am - P/F meal - possibilities could be egg (two eggs with a few egg whites) veggie and cheese omelette with a banana, or something simple like two scoops MD with 2TBSP peanut butter or almond butter with some frozen berries/fruit.
40p, 25c, 16f
12pm - P/F meal - 8oz chicken, veggies, 1/2 avocado with 1oz nuts (almonds and/or brazil nuts and/or cashews)
40p, 25f
2:30pm - P/C meal - 1.5 cup oats, 2 scoops MD
40p, 90c
3:45pm - Indigo
Periworkout- Surge
50c
4:00pm - training
5:30pm - 1 cup oats, 2 scoops MD (don’t have fruit after Indigo)
40p, 60c
8:00pm - meat, potatoes/rice, 1TBSP olive oil drizzled on top
40p, 60c, 14f

NEW TOTALS- 200p, 285c, 55f (about 2500cals)

That would set you up very nicely to take advantage of the Indigo and support your growth. Try that for a month and see how you respond, I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress and of course post back with any additional questions!

awesome, feedback thanks. I’ll make the adjustments.

Sometimes in the weekends I train at 7am, wake up- oats and pro- should I be taking the Indigo before training still or wait till dinner on those days?

Yes, always take Indigo pre-training on a training day followed up with your workout nutrition. So, you may need to wake up a little earlier, leave your Indigo on your nightstand and take it first thing in the AM. If you’re training first thing, it would be a good idea to have more carbs centered around your training window. So, I’d recommend having the “2:30” meal pre-training, 1.5 cups oats and MD protein. After training also be sure to consume good carbs to take advantage of the Indigo that’s still in your system!