Biotest

3am Bathroom Break

Not really a hardcore question but, I’ve been on the diet for 9 days now and since day 3 I’ve woken up every night at 3:00am to go to the bathroom - this is killing my sleep and recovery. I’m trying to get my last shake in at 8:30 now instead of 9:30 to see if that helps. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any tips for not having to wiz?

BTW I’m down 3.5 pounds and looking leaner already…

It’s actually pretty normal to pee once in the middle of the night. If I don’t, then I know I’m pretty dehydrated.

But if it’s not normal for you, it’s probably because 1) you may be consuming more liquids overall (lots of shakes a day, obviously, plus regular fluids), 2) liquid later at night, 3) high protein intake causes people to pee more often (but no, it’s not “bad for the kidneys” – old myth).

If this bugs you, your plan of drinking your shake an hour earlier could work. You can also use less water in the last shake. Make a pudding out of it if you have too. That’s fine.

Thanks Chris - I did that last night and it seemed to be working until my neighbor needed 3 firetrucks at his place at 3:30am this morning…I guess there’s a bit of irony in that…