Biotest

35th Birthday Present V-Diet

This is a desire to change directions and re-energize my health and fitness. My body has been fighting me and I need a new strategy.

Height: 6?4?
Weight: 246
Neck: 19
Shoulders: 54
Chest: 45
Waist: 36
Stomach:38.5
Hips:44.5
Thigh R:26.5 L:27
Calf R:16.5 L:16.5
Ankle R:10 L:10
Bicep Flexed R:18 L:18
Forearm R:13 L:13
Wrist R:7.5 L:7.5

Side shot

Back

Bicep

Not sure how I’ll use the forum, but I may or may not post workouts, etc…

I hope to get down to single digit BF% 6-8% would thrill me.

J

You look pretty dang good already bro. You may run into a problem with motivation because you are not in a desperate situation (visibly at least)
I will be interested to see your results. You may end up shredded.

You have same goals as I do. You have great muscle mass, it just looks like you want to rip that last few pounds off. You will be shredded and actually have the muscle/frame to back it up.

Good luck man, we are always here for support.

Matt

Since you’re not in bad shape now, and you seem to have a good amount of muscle, you should be ripped the shreds after 28 days! Keep us posted.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Luckily, motivation has never been an issue for me, its just been a matter of where its focused. This program focuses it to a pin point, for a specific goal. I am hoping and expecting incredible results, personally. My biggest obstacle is my travel schedule, it constantly varies and usually short notice, but it won’t stop me from staying on task.

This picture is an example of how my body is fighting me…at one time…long ago, I was at my heaviest a 320lbs defensive tackle. That takes a toll on your body in so many ways. As you can see I have had back issues, severe back issues. I have had knee, elbow, back, and hand surgery. I currently need shoulder, elbow, and knee surgery again, bone spurs, cartilage damage (less then 10% of my meniscus is left in my right knee)

But one thing that has always kept me going in my consistency with physical fitness of some kind, primarily weights. Keeps me sane and I do believe in the benefits for a myriad of reasons. Besides, I have spent way too much on Biotest supplements to let it go to waste. Anyway I will do my best to keep this updated.

I am excited for this relatively short journey…

Jay

Artificial Disc Replacement. I obviously haven’t gotten this picture thing figured out yet. I have no faith that it is going to show up…patience…has always been an issue.

I wasn’t planning on posting my workouts, but since I felt slightly embarrassed of first day, I figured this will add to the motivation.

04/06/2009

Advanced program
Bent-Over Barbell Row
4 sets 5 reps with 225

Overhead Squat
4 x 5 with 135

Dip
4 x 5 Body weight + 135

Ab-wheel Rollout
3 x 10 reps

04/07/2009

This morning 5am
30 minute walk
5% incline / 4mph

04/08/2009

Workout #2

Pull-ups body weight +40 lbs
10, 9, 8, 8, 5

Incline Dbl Bench Press 115s lbs
10, 9, 8, 8, 5

Romanian DL 225 lbs
10, 10, 10, 5, 5

Barbell Curl 110 lbs
10, 9, 7, 6, 5, 3

Hanging Leg Raise
10, 10, 8, 8, 4

Really felt the effects of the diet today.

You’re gonna look like a beast at the end of the program.

Note: your goal is 6-8% bf…where are you starting from?

Thanks for the encouragement. I have not had an accurate caliper test in a while, but based on my experience…I believe I am probably in the 12% range + or - 2%. Besides my first workout, I will be pushing this hard for results. I would think 6-8% is realistic, but I will probably just stick with the mirror for judging my results / progress. I’m not sure if I will post a weekly updated picture or just at 28 days and the again after the two week transition.

One of the other things I am hoping to accomplish is a little joint recovery through this. One thing I have probably failed at recently is not enough variety in my training and I believe I have some repetitive motion injury issues in my shoulder, elbow joints. Hopefully this change of training will have a positive effect. My shoulder was really bothering me during the incline dbls today.

My 30 minute NEPA walk, outside tonight at 7.

I, for one, will be watching your blog with great anticipation. Not because I think you need support or motivation but because you are already smokin’ and well, Im 35 too and love when an “old guy” is in amazing shape.

Good luck and feel free to keep posting those pics! :wink:

/dirty old woman thoughts

your my idol

Had my 35 min NEPA this morning at 6. But going forward, I don’t think I am going to waste my time posting my NEPA. I’m following the diet to a T with HOT-ROX in the morning and afternoon and unless I state otherwise, I will be doing my NEPA daily.