Biotest

28 Days to Awesome

Okay, so in all fairness I had every intention of posting pictures. However, I have since learned in a mass desk cleaning frenzy a few weeks ago, I discarded the cable for my camera.

Female
Height: 5’7’'
Weight: 175

About 4 years ago I went from 240 to about 180. I have been stuck in the band of 170-180 for the last few years with no ability to get past it. I have wanted to do the V-Diet for years, but have been a little chicken.

The last few days I have read all the logs and I think you’re all super humans. My goals for the next 28 days are to truly stick with this thing, blow past that weight barrier that has been holding me back and end my addiction to sweets once and for all.

Good luck! I’ll be following along.

The V-Diet is a great plateau-buster! Glad to have you on board.

If you have any questions for me, be sure to pop them into the <a href="http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop"target=“new”>Ask Chris forum.

I am 3 shakes in and I think if I had some buffalo sauce, a butter knife, and a lighter; I could eat my own arm. Just saying.
Good News: It undoubtedly will get easier.

[quote]LTD4me wrote:
I am 3 shakes in and I think if I had some buffalo sauce, a butter knife, and a lighter; I could eat my own arm. Just saying.
Good News: It undoubtedly will get easier.
[/quote]
Well that would be one way to lose some weight…

Keep at it, it will get better. Promise.

Day 1 is done! Hockey - when it gets easier I will just eyeball fingers…

Usually when I am dieting I can have problems sleeping, but last night not a problem. Hopefully that keeps up.

I also have to admit, I really enjoy all the extra time. I usually cook a week’s worth of meals on Saturday & Sunday; it is nice to be able to have more time to do whatever I want.

And a special thank you goes out to whomever in the world invented extracts (as in Lemon Extract, Orange Extract, etc.) your achievements are under appreciated.

Whew - today was a close call.

One thing I find frustrating is our food obsessed society and how it is EVERYWHERE. You literally have to go hiking in the woods to run away from it.

Heading out of the gym - I was bombarded by a table of faux nutritional crap in support of reducing domestic violence (how the two are related I will never know). I almost forgot I was dieting for a minute (give me a break it is only day 2). Luckily, I caught myself and said no thank you and moved on. But it seems more and more, everywhere I go I am constantly turning food down; it is a relentless onslaught determined to break a person’s resolve.

That’s my vent for the day.

Survival of day 2. Whew, I live for that peanut butter at the end of day. 26 more days to go.

Tomorrow is my first day at work on the v-diet. I have prepared myself as best I can with pre-made shakes, but I am nervous about that afternoon urge to snack. Luckily, on Monday most of the office mates do not bring home baked goodies in, so I won’t have to say no to those. And thankfully, Starbucks is across the street with a much needed coffee infusion should a craving come close to unconquerable. But I still feel nervous, but if other people can stick to it on Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years. I can make it one day at the office.

[quote]LTD4me wrote:
Tomorrow is my first day at work on the v-diet. I have prepared myself as best I can with pre-made shakes, but I am nervous about that afternoon urge to snack. Luckily, on Monday most of the office mates do not bring home baked goodies in, so I won’t have to say no to those. And thankfully, Starbucks is across the street with a much needed coffee infusion should a craving come close to unconquerable. But I still feel nervous, but if other people can stick to it on Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years. I can make it one day at the office. [/quote]
I always found that work days were easier than when I was sitting around the house all day. Hopefully it is the same for you.
It might be beneficial for you to explain what you are doing to you co-workers so they can understand (and hopefully provide encouragement). I think a lot of people try and keep it a secret, almost as if they are ashamed of wanting to improve themselves, and I think it makes the whole thing much harder.

This actually saved my ass already, I almost grabbed a piece of left over chicken from the bbq…but I said I wouldn’t out loud like I read on here and that helped big time.

A simple “I won’t cheat on this diet” totally threw my mood around for the better. Hope you don’t get to that point though!

Hockey - you’re right the work at work will make the thinking about food easier. But the few people I’ve told about the v-diet have given me looks like I said “I’ll be drinking blood all day then performing evening rituals.” I did convince one person to do it with me, who is my constant instant support, and big surprise it is a guy. But most other chicks and especially co-workers act like I’m doing something that puts me in danger.

It is annoying, I could say the same thing about what they eat every day, but I refrain from comment. But no one seems to stop themselves from telling me how horrible my “diet” of protein is. That is my rant for the day. I think what I will say is that I am having a “shake for lunch” and not go into detail about how I have them for breakfast and dinner too.

I always think it is odd no one thinks it is unusual when people want to lose weight, but when you do start actually losing it everyone has an opinion on how dangerous/wrong/unhealthy your method is. Then once you ignore them and lose it, after all is said and done, they ask you constant questions about how you did it!

KC - you are spot on with using the forums. I do not think I would have made it through the first two days if I couldn’t read other people’s stories and trials/tribulations.

As for today’s update - WKO 1 is completed and I may need to peruse medical supply websites today to order my scooter when I can’t walk tomorrow.

3 hours until lunch…

Mid day check in - diet is going well. Work was swamped all AM with more redundancy than needed, but hours flew by. Feeling pretty confident I can do this. I can’t help but admit the simplicity of just protein shakes is much nicer than it seems on paper. You can’t really over indulge on a protein shake all that much.

So even when I get stressed and want to scream from the rooftops, I know lunch is still going to be in a shaker cup. I don’t have to pressure myself into turning down whatever sugar crap is in the cafeteria or office next door.

[quote]LTD4me wrote:
Hockey - you’re right the work at work will make the thinking about food easier. But the few people I’ve told about the v-diet have given me looks like I said “I’ll be drinking blood all day then performing evening rituals.” I did convince one person to do it with me, who is my constant instant support, and big surprise it is a guy. But most other chicks and especially co-workers act like I’m doing something that puts me in danger.

It is annoying, I could say the same thing about what they eat every day, but I refrain from comment. But no one seems to stop themselves from telling me how horrible my “diet” of protein is. That is my rant for the day. I think what I will say is that I am having a “shake for lunch” and not go into detail about how I have them for breakfast and dinner too.

I always think it is odd no one thinks it is unusual when people want to lose weight, but when you do start actually losing it everyone has an opinion on how dangerous/wrong/unhealthy your method is. Then once you ignore them and lose it, after all is said and done, they ask you constant questions about how you did it!

KC - you are spot on with using the forums. I do not think I would have made it through the first two days if I couldn’t read other people’s stories and trials/tribulations.

As for today’s update - WKO 1 is completed and I may need to peruse medical supply websites today to order my scooter when I can’t walk tomorrow.

3 hours until lunch… [/quote]
Some if it is ignorance. Some people genuinely believe that eating more protein than the FDA food pyramid will destroy your kidneys…better to keep most of your nutrition to bread, cereal, rice, and pasta…that’s what will keep you healthy.

But then there are those that are threatened by you wanting to improve yourself, especially when they see you having instant progress where they have been dieting for months (by limiting it to 1 dessert a day) and want you to fail. Check out this article by Chris about these type of people:
http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/the_vdiet_toxic_people
It’s a great read. Find out who these people are and stay away.

thanks for the article about toxic people, I remember reading it when it came out. Luckily, I think I have almost eliminated everyone like that who I have the choice to associate with. Sadly, I still have to work with some of them.

Day 4 is going strong. I think I have lost most of the initial water weight. Hoping to see some fat loss soon. I must say I am really shocked to the extent I do not have outrageous cravings. I thought at this point I would personally be leading a raid on Hershey, PA, but no. Of course I say that now with a long 24 days to go.

AGH - I got hit with a real food craving. I think I almost mugged a stranger for her sandwich. Drinking dinner shake now. Hope things ease up. Alas, HSM in 3 days!

Quick update - crisis averted. I had half a shake. I can only say thank goodness I dumped the house of food before starting this, I think I could have eaten raw spaghetti noodles or 2 year old cereal, I like to keep low standards.

I think my feet are losing weight. My clothes all fit fine, but I’ve had 3 pairs of shoes refuse to stay on my feet without slipping off. I guess one body part is started, if only the rest would catch up.

Day 5 is underway. Did the 2nd workout today - sadly had to do step up opposed to reverse lunges as I am losing all sensation in quads. I attempted lunges, but looked too much like a geriatric to continue.

Hunger cravings still very strong today, hopefully they will reduce soon and I can get back to my happy life of bliss with the simplicity of shakes.

I think my boss is against my diet. It’s not that she means to be. But I just don’t handle work frustration well. I think I’m using the V-Diet as the ideal distraction to focus on not raiding the candy jar every time I’m reminded of my gopher existence. Thank you T-Nation.

Argh, craving attacks at night again. Guess that’s what those great NEPA walks are for. I always thought the hard time for me would be the afternoon at work, but so far the nighttime has been the real challenge. But if I can’t make it through 28 days, I know I don’t deserve to lose weight anyhow.