Biotest

28 Days & Later

I am all set to start the V-Diet March 1st - tomorrow! I have all of my supplements, the Magic Bullet, meal plan, workout logs, and now the support :slight_smile:

I am a 5’0" female. I am currently at 148 lbs. My goal is to loose at least 15 lbs and ultimately to maintain a weight that is healthy and comfortable for me. I have lost the fat a few times over the past 5 years, but I always put it back on. I’m now the heaviest I’ve been during those 5 years. The true goal for me is to learn to maintain fat loss, but I need to get to a weight that I want to maintain first. I have a problem with binging on sweets, particularly chocolate and ice cream, and this is always my setback. I expect that the V-Diet will help with that. I’m skeptical but I hope you make a believer out of me, Chris!

I’m excited about the V-Diet because Chris took all of the planning out of dieting! The time required to follow a strict fat loss plan is one of the hardest parts of it for me (aside from the hunger and grueling workouts :-). This plan eliminates time from the equation. My hope is that by the end of the 4 weeks, I’ll be so excited about my results that I’ll be ready and willing to put in the time for planning.

I will post my measurements tomorrow (day 1!).

Keep us posted, ShortSquat!

Time to make a change. For good!

Day 1 measurements:

Weight: 150 lbs
Hips: 37.5"
Low Waist: 32.25"
High Waist: 29"
R Thigh: 26"
R Arm: 13"
Chest: 36.75"
BF % (calipers): 24%

The shakes were actually decent tasting. I’ve been drinking MD for a few years so I knew what to expect. I blended them all and the definitely helps. I wasn’t extraordinarily hungry all day. I didn’t have my first meal until later then usual so that helped. I expect that work days will be more difficult…today will tell!

I also took a 50 min NEPA walk.

Day 1 down…27 to go!

Welcome to the team. You can do it! drop in on my thread to encourage or kick ass as necessary.

How’s it going Short? I think work day’s will be harder too, lucky I had 3 days off to start that never happens. Also I’m from Pittsburgh what part of PA you from? Good luck

So Day 2 wasn’t so bad…until now. Nights alone post-workout haunt me. I’ve developed some bad eating habits on these nights. I had no problems all day, but I thought about food - real food that you chew - all the way home from the gym tonight. Granted, it was mostly healthly food (salads, grilled chicken, etc. ) that I was day dreaming about, but still - not good when you’ve got 4-5 days worth of shakes before the HSM.

The advanced workout Day 1 was great. Tough but short. I like short :slight_smile: Next week will be even better now that I have a better idea of what weight to use. I could use some suggestions on how to add resistance to the Ab Wheel Rollout. I used mini bands tonight, but I’m not sure that’s the best setup. Ideas??

I also got 60 minutes of NEPA in today. It was 3 sessions of 20 minutes each - not ideal, but I got it in. I started parking further from the entrance at work today too instead of scanning the lot for the closest spot when I pull in.

I’ve got one more shake tonight and then Day 2 will be a success :slight_smile:

[quote]Shawn80 wrote:
How’s it going Short? I think work day’s will be harder too, lucky I had 3 days off to start that never happens. Also I’m from Pittsburgh what part of PA you from? Good luck [/quote]

The first day of shakes at work wasn’t so bad. I’m from Pittsburgh too!

Nights can be tough. Thats normally when I over eat. that and watching football. But I haven’t been hungry at night now. I do think about real food and my wife is cooking it for herself so I get to smell it too! lol

Glad day 2 went well so far Stay strong. Nights are hard that’s why I’m on here typing. Keep it up.

[quote]diverdog wrote:
Nights can be tough. Thats normally when I over eat. that and watching football. But I haven’t been hungry at night now. I do think about real food and my wife is cooking it for herself so I get to smell it too! lol[/quote]

Try cooking it yourself and not being able to eat it! I roasted a chicked for my bf and his son for dinner on Day 1. It made my entire house smell delicious…and then I had my shake :slight_smile:

[quote]Shawn80 wrote:
Glad day 2 went well so far Stay strong. Nights are hard that’s why I’m on here typing. Keep it up.[/quote]

yep…that’s why i got on as soon as i got home :slight_smile: it helped for sure. i made it through the night with flying colors. thanks for the support!

Day 3 = Success with no problems! Here we go again :slight_smile:

ugh…so Day 4 sucks. i’m hungrier today than i was for the first 3. plus, one minute i feel like it’s no problem to continue and the next i feel like it’s an eternity until the 28 days are over.

overall, i’m not doing well today mentally but i’m on shake 3 nonetheless.

i got 30 minutes of NEPA in during “lunch” and i’ll get another 30 in tonight at the gym after workout 2.

on a positive note, i jumped on the scale this morning (i know it’s a no-no, but i needed some encouragement) and i’m down 4.5 lbs after only 3 days! thank goodness it was positive results b/c i can’t imagine making it through this morning after bad news.

anyways…5 hours until i get to lift and 8 hours til the PEANUT BUTTER (those of you “wasting” it in your shake don’t know what you’re missing! :slight_smile:

dude…i haven’t had the courage to put it in a shake yet…it’s just so good to eat all by itself at the end of the day. i hear people saying it all over, but i seriously look forward to it all day every day. how come i never remember it being this good as a kid?

Hold strong it will be worth it

Day 5 - BRING IT

no problem…on to day 6

i thought the worst had to be over, but i’m feeling nauseous and tired this afternoon. the thought of shakes for the rest of the day (forget the rest of the month!) is not good…

I know what you mean! The tought of shakes makes me want to vomit at times! It sure is hard when all you have to look forward to is the peanut butter at the end of the day! Ok it’s day 6 for me and I get warm food tomorrow! YEA!!! I just hope this whole process starts getting easier like they say. Because 3 more weeks of this sounds depressing! Hang in there!!!

I seem to be reading a classic problem with people on this program. You are not controlling your mind. If you wallow about in self pity wishing you could eat this or that then you will fail. Part of the plan is to find something to keep you busy. Sitting around dreaming about eating peanut butter tonight or dreading the next 20 days is destructive.

Try this:

Keep out of the kitchen.

Remove EVERYTHING from you domain that is not on your diet, namely anything that is not a protein powder, suppliments or nut butter. That includes chocolate! Put it in a box (or bunch of boxes) and leave it all at a friends place. If that is not practical (i.e. because you live with soneone that is not on the same diet as you) then keep all your food in a separate place from everything else. (i.e. put it all in a box in another room so you are not opening the pantry to get it or the fridge with all that other stuff and then KEEP OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!)

Whenever you find yourself thinking about food force your mind away onto something else, preferably something that you like or that gives you a good feeling. Think about seeing your abs! Think about all the clothes you can go buy for your new body. Think about your weight loss goal (i.e. 20lb) then try to see how many things you know of or are around you that weigh that much and imagine a pile of fat the same weight next to it.

Don’t dwell on how many days there are to go or hours in the day or meals. Just focus on getting to the next meal time (and you do have set meal times, right?). If you start to feel weak in resolve then get up and do something. Walk to the nearest post box. Pack up any rubbish you have and walk it to the nearest public rubbish bin. Turn off the TV (you know, that thing that you used to EAT in front of every night) and go buy a book, any book, and read it. Find something that belongs to a friend that you have and return it and have a cup of green tea with them. There are a million things to do to keep your mind busy, just avoid the TV and the computer.

A contestant on the Biggest Loser once said something very profound. They said that they learnt not to be so soft with themselves. Fat people are not tough. They are weak. They give into themselves like a mother with a spoilt child. Going for a walk up a set of stairs will not kill you. Not eating crap will not kill you.

So, man up (or woman up!!) and enjoy the success of waking each morning having met yesterdays goals.

You can do it. You are no different that any one else on this forum.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.