Biotest

28 Days Later

Today is my first full day on the V-Diet.

The shakes are way too sweet for my taste, with a weird aftertaste
The fish oil isn’t working with my stomach either.

Any advice on making all this more palatable? I added one of those Starbucks instant coffees to the shake to cut off some of the sweetness, but its still an effort to choke it all down. If I don’t force myself to drink them all, I’m going to be at a huge caloric deficit.

help?

Do you like mochas? Maybe subbing water for cooled, plain decaf coffee (or caffeinated if you can handle it) might help.

My colleague here said she mixed vanilla MD with zero calorie root beer once. (Actually, that sounds pretty gross. Stick with the shakes and water.

Maybe switch up to a different flavor?

quit complaining

I just down them as fast as possible, they really don’t taste bad, but after even 3 days, you’re sick of them obviously.

I pretty much shot gun it (it takes me 5 seconds to drink one, no exaggeration).

Too sweet…cut them with more water…

Fish oil…Suck it up…Fish oil burps are normal…

[quote]28dayslater wrote:
Today is my first full day on the V-Diet.

The shakes are way too sweet for my taste, with a weird aftertaste
The fish oil isn’t working with my stomach either.

Any advice on making all this more palatable?[/quote]

Try using extracts. My favorites were orange, mint and lemon.

28 Days,

I couldn’t stand the sickly sweet taste of the shakes either, and there were plenty of people with similar comments when I did the diet a few months back.

For the fish burps, try taking the fish oil capsules with food.

For the shakes: get a tub of decaff instant coffee and use that with the vanilla and chocolate. It’ll kill the sweetness and make it easier to stomach. I used two heaping teaspoons per shake. Experiment to find what amount works for you.

Use pomegranate concentrate with vanilla and strawberry. Make SURE the stuff you order has no sweetener or sugar in it. It’s very tart, and again a little will kill the sweetness in the shakes.

The banana flavor was the only one I never had to mix with anything.

One alternative is to use the Grow! Whey powder, which is unflavored and much easier to digest. But be careful with it; it’s loaded with chlorestorol, while the Metabolic Drive has none.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.