ankle l - 8

First day - intermediate routine.

Hit the gym 0600hrs:

Squat 4* 5 * 110k
Lat Pull down 54 45k
DB Bench press 35 70K; 1 * 5 60k
2*10 ab rolls

Tough work on an empty stomach!

Will update on “the food element” later after experiencing it all.

OK - now I have 5 minutes, I can share my views on why I am doing this.

I am 39 years old. In my early 30’s I hit the gym in a big way and became rather fit and strong (could squat 120kg * 30 reps) but always had some puppy fat. Fast forward to mid 30’s, my life fell apart and my marriage broke down (very long story) and despite continuing my sporting activities (I mountaineer and have climbed mont blanc) gradually lost the tone.

Four years I tried to save my marriage and in Nov 08 took the decision to move on and moved to Dubai with my work. Jan 09 I decided to do body for life - its funny when one goes through a traumatic time what it then motivates you to do. I weighed myself 80k’s. For 12 weeks I did it (almost to all the rules). When I finished I weighed 70k’s and looked quite buff - but still had that puppy fat.

I then got a bad chest infection and up until today, have not trained and its shocking to see how quickly that puppy fat comes back! During this time I joined gymjones and then found the V-Diet and decided to give it a go!

And so, here I am, trying to see if the body shock system will work - some how I think it will. I am very interested to see what happens. I am determined to make this work and believe my mind is 50% of the success factor for this. I also have a fair bit of anger from the break up of my marriage and am going to use this to fuel my power.

Please don’t think I am a nut case - far from it - just one determined person fed up with mediocrity in gym results. I am using the V-Diet to kick start my ambition to get super fit and climb in the Himalayas and cycle up a mountain called Jebel Hafeet in the UAE in mid summer.

Welcome!

2nd day of weight training:

reverse lunge: 49 30k; 1430k

Bent over row: 2930k; 2630k; 2530k

Push Press: 3930k; 1630k; 1730k

Barbell curl: 2920k; 1520k; 3620k

Reverse crunch: 4*10 obw

When I finished and got back to flat, had to lay down - felt very faint. Had Surge then fell asleep. Woke up and still felt weird.

Tough day.

How much water are you drinking a day?

A glass an hour - which is probably not enough. Will increase.

Good stuff man. Keep on trucking!

A glass every hour

So do you workout in the morning each time? I do, and I’m just wondering how it’s been? I have a feeling Surge would have plenty of sugar and such in it that it would make me drowsy throughout the day at work. I usually get up quite early (0445) and workout around 0515. Keep up the good work man.

Thank you for encouragement.

My workouts alternate between morning and evening. In the mornings I get up at 0545 and start at 0600hrs. I find it ok. Immediately after had Ssurge (which I struggle to drink), and then had breakfast shake. I then drive from Dubai to Abu Dhabi which takes an hour and I found it all ok. Interestingly, when I did the workout yesterday in the later afternoon, after Surge I did feel drowsy - as well as faint as discussed above.

Go for the workouts in the morning if you can, but make sure you get plenty of rest, as I am sure the temptation is to keep going in the day/evening.

You keep going too!

Day four at an end. Drinking the shakes is ok… ish, BUT is it me or does anyone else think their getting fatter when drinking them? I guess its just a mind thing??? Feel well bloated after each shake if whizzed in the mixer - again just air I guess, but would be interested to hear views - I have read a few logs from people feeling gassy.

My taste buds seem to be coming alive - particularly around 1630hrs - I get tastes for spicy food and then produce a lot of saliva - never had that before - at least not for food, he he.

Final thing for this post is the highlight of my day is licking the spoon after its been in the natural nut butter jar… how the simple things in life are great.

[quote]1198r wrote:
Day four at an end. Drinking the shakes is ok… ish, BUT is it me or does anyone else think their getting fatter when drinking them? I guess its just a mind thing??? Feel well bloated after each shake if whizzed in the mixer - again just air I guess, but would be interested to hear views - I have read a few logs from people feeling gassy.

My taste buds seem to be coming alive - particularly around 1630hrs - I get tastes for spicy food and then produce a lot of saliva - never had that before - at least not for food, he he.

Final thing for this post is the highlight of my day is licking the spoon after its been in the natural nut butter jar… how the simple things in life are great.[/quote]

I remember when I first did the Velocity diet, I had those huge cravings, I think it was a week and a half. I couldn’t resist and ended up eating an entire bottle of chunky salsa. It was damn good too, I was like “wow I can’t believe I ate all of that”.

Day 5

Deadlift - 10 * 35k (too light) 5* 10 * 55k too light

DB bench press - 10 * 30k, 7 * 30, 6 * 30, 3 * 30, 2 * 30, 3 * 30, 2 * 30, 2* 30, 230,230, 1*30 (I realise weights in first session were in lbs for this one - doh!!

Lat pull down - 10 * 45, 745, 745, 545, 545, 6*45

Hand walk out (knees) - 10, 10, 10, 10

Again felt a bit faint about 10 minutes after, had Surge (why do I struggle to drink this?)

Been an interesting test tonight as had to go to supermarket to buy food with fiancee… walked past gourmet burger, chocolate store, and of course all the goodies the food store. Have to say, did well. We bought food for my ONE HSM, and I am looking forward to the gourmet delight… salad of spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onion, avacado and olive oil/vinegar dressing, followed by grilled chicken and monster shrimp, broccoli, mini courgette, brown rice and chilli/lemon/pepper/onion dressing, followed by small mango and half banana! Roll on HSM day!

Getting interesting.

Update, day 7

Day six was spent being pretty active - spent most of it practicing golf in the heat of Dubai - man was it hot! Drank loads.

Today did the V challenge. Estimated my time to take doing it 30 minutes, but actually did it in in 23.57 seconds. Not quite sure if I have started out of the blocks too quickly here, considering I have to better time each week, but that’s me - forever pushing myself.

Today Surge nearly made me puke, even worse was breakfast shake - I think because I did V challenge before breakfast and let the shake stand for a while it tasted BADDDDD! Not doing that again.

However, the good thing about today is I get to eat my HSM. Now where is that kitchen knife…

Day 8 (yesterday) training log:

Worked out 2100hrs:

Squat: 45 115k
Lat pull down: 1550k, 3555k
Bench DB press: 4532.5k
4*5 ab roll out from knees

Was wasted come the end of it. Not sleeping well at all - keep waking up 2/3 times a night. Is this affect of HOT-ROX?

Took photos also, and there is a marked difference already - the weird thing being I don’t feel any different. Mind over matter eh?

Day 10 - very tired during day, not feeling hungry at all - in fact finding it hard to have all the shakes - is this common? Not even getting cravings - big test being it was a colleagues birthday today and he bought doughnuts - which I rather like, or should I say did like. No cravings for anything in fact. What’s happening to me?

Workout this evening:

Reverse lunge: Weight - 66lb, reps 410
Bent over row: Weight 66lb, reps 10, 2
7, 6, 25
Push press: weight 88lb, reps 2
10, 8, 26
Barbell Curl: weight 66lbs, reps 10, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4, 4, 2
Reverse crunch: OBW, reps 4

Happy days!

yes mate im feelin the same way…not hungry at all…it is these damn shakes…appetite killers.

A few workouts to update on:

Nr 7:

DL - 410135lb
DBP - 29, 7, 25, 4, 1 65lb
LPD - 10, 8, 7, 2
5,4,1 110lb
HWO - 4

V burn challenge nr 2:

19min 14 secs

Nr 9

SQ - 45155lb
LPD - 45, 4, 1 * 132lb
DBP - 2
5, 5 (1 assisted), 5 (2 assisted) * 88lb
ARO - 3*6, 2 OBW

Change in body composition quite visible now, but no drop in weight - I am assuming muscle is being gained. Measurements, down in waist and hip area, up in chest, leg and bicep area.

Drinking the strawberry shake is now nothing short of harder than squatting! Really finding it hard to drink all these things. However, have no food cravings. Days after squat days, particularly feel low - man that is one heck of an exercise! I love it.

Keeping going however. Will post picture of week 2 body later.

Keep on going mate,it seems you are doing great.Everyone has hard moments but i’m sure you’ll blast through them.