Biotest

23 Days In!

Hello all,

I don’t have much time to post, but just thought I’d l;et you all know that I’m 23 days into the V-Diet, with great results and feeling fantastic, both physically and mentally.

I’ve had LOTS of energy this month, laying off alcohol has been amazing for my work (I’m self-employed and have never felt more productive) and I’m starting to look great in the mirror - I’ve always been in good shape, but never QUITE had the six pack look; I’ve now got a respectable 4 pack! I’ve lost 6 kilograms, almost all fat and water.

I’d like to thank Chris and Chad for a REALLY well-designed programme, and to many of you who’ve posted and shared your experiences, they’ve really helped to motivate me.

I thought that a brief summary of what I’ve learnt might be useful to people who are thinking of starting, or are in the early stages of the V-Diet. In no particular order, these are the things that I’ve found most useful:

1. PREPARE…If there’s ANY chance you’ll be out all day, dependent on trains, other people etc, then prepare ALL of your shakes and supps and take them everywhere. I nearly fell off the diet twice because of unexpected problems in getting back home.

2. The first week is BY FAR the worst. I had horrible cravings from days 2-6, together with cramps and headaches. By day 6, I was fine and it’s been uphill ever since.

3. Take photos - I’ve taken photos every day, they’ve been really encouraging and it’s great to look at them now, so close to the end of the ‘strict’ phase.

4. Weigh frequently. Here I disagree with the thinking behind the ‘weekly weigh-in’. Personally, I think that four data points over 28 days are highly unlikely to be accurate or useful. I have weighed myself every day, at about the same time. This enables me to see a much mroe accurate picture of the RATE of fat loss, and the MEDIAN weight at any moment. I’ve used an app for the iPhone called weighbot which has a graphical interface which is very encouraging.

5. Don’t kill yourself over details. Again, contrary to the diet, I added a SMALL savoury drink (this was a TINY amount of vegetarian herb stock) about twice a week in the afternoon when the savoury cravings became painful. This got me through the first week. My results have been great despite that, and I wouldn’t have made it through the first week without it!

6. Read the ‘toxic people’ article. I have been astonished at how much negative reaction being on the V-diet has thrown up from ‘friends’. I was invited to a dinner on Saturday,and didn’t want to use that as my HSM, since I felt it rude to insist on certain types of food; I felt it was more polite to say ‘I’ll come for the company, but I won’t eat as I’m following a strict regime at the moment’. I spent the WHOLE night defending/explaining my decision!

I’m sure there’s more, but hopefully those ideas are useful for others.

awesome!

Where can I find the “toxic people” article?

top of the home page under articles or the infamous search button

[quote]Mago wrote:
4. Weigh frequently. Here I disagree with the thinking behind the ‘weekly weigh-in’. Personally, I think that four data points over 28 days are highly unlikely to be accurate or useful. I have weighed myself every day, at about the same time. This enables me to see a much mroe accurate picture of the RATE of fat loss, and the MEDIAN weight at any moment. I’ve used an app for the iPhone called weighbot which has a graphical interface which is very encouraging.
[/quote]

I agree with all of your points except this one. Weighing daily can be helpful for some people, but I think for most people, it adds extra stress to the diet. Personally, I can get very discouraged if I diet my ass off one day and then the next day see that I GAINED a pound of weight. I know rationally that gain in scale weight doesn’t really mean anything, but it’s very difficult to take nevertheless.

Weighing only weekly insures that I only see decreases in weight, never increases. This is a powerful psychological motivator.

[quote]skizac wrote:
I agree with all of your points except this one. Weighing daily can be helpful for some people, but I think for most people, it adds extra stress to the diet. Personally, I can get very discouraged if I diet my ass off one day and then the next day see that I GAINED a pound of weight. I know rationally that gain in scale weight doesn’t really mean anything, but it’s very difficult to take nevertheless.

Weighing only weekly insures that I only see decreases in weight, never increases. This is a powerful psychological motivator.[/quote]

Of course, it’s horses for courses, you have to find whatever suits you!

The reason that I like the daily weigh in is that (for me) it’s MORE stressful to rely on a weekly figure, since my mathematical brain KNOWS how easy it is for that figure to be innacurate (either unrealistically low, or sadly not as big as I hoped) - I am a magician, so I am very familiar with how easy it is to be fooled!

Anyway, as I say, whatever suits you best and good luck with the V-diet!

Lee

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
awesome![/quote]

Thank you!

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
awesome![/quote]

WORD! :slight_smile: