Biotest

2 Week V-Diet for Low BF?

Was wanting to get some opinions! Quick background! I was a gymnast for 10 years and after quitting began to take up weight lifting very seriously! So pretty much I have trained in something since I was around 5 years old ( just turned 24)

My body fat is already very low…got it tested in the bodpod and it was around 11% which I heard that the bodpod tends to be higher! I try to eat realatively healthy but between school and work that doesn’t seem to work out. As well, sometimes I think I look more ripped when I eat bad.

Since I am already very lean would the V-Diet still work for me to get around 6-8% bodyfat? I am going to vegas at the end of march and was wanting to cut down before then and to be shredded so was thinking of doing the V-Diet for only 2 weeks or so? Any suggestions? One last thing…can I take any type of water pill on the V-Diet…say razor ripped by bioquest? Thanks for your time and help! It is much appreciated!

[quote]350zTT wrote:
Was wanting to get some opinions! Quick background! I was a gymnast for 10 years and after quitting began to take up weight lifting very seriously! So pretty much I have trained in something since I was around 5 years old ( just turned 24)

My body fat is already very low…got it tested in the bodpod and it was around 11% which I heard that the bodpod tends to be higher! I try to eat realatively healthy but between school and work that doesn’t seem to work out. As well, sometimes I think I look more ripped when I eat bad.

Since I am already very lean would the V-Diet still work for me to get around 6-8% bodyfat? I am going to vegas at the end of march and was wanting to cut down before then and to be shredded so was thinking of doing the V-Diet for only 2 weeks or so? Any suggestions? One last thing…can I take any type of water pill on the V-Diet…say razor ripped by bioquest? Thanks for your time and help! It is much appreciated! [/quote]

While the V-Diet can help the somewhat lean guy get to super-shredded lean and squash some bad dietary habits, it may not be necessary. For example, if you’re going on a trip and just want to look extra ripped, then the “Shredded in 6 Days” program by Coach Thibaudeau and I might be a better choice, though that’s just a water-weight manipulation program, not really a fat loss plan.

Whatever you decide, do NOT take a diuretic with the V-Diet.

BTW, you said you sometimes seem to look more ripped when eating bad. This probably isn’t a body fat thing, but rather a carb thing: you may look fuller and more veiny with the extra carbs. But of course, too many carbs lead most people to fat gain, then all that fullness and vascularity can’t be seem as well anyway. But you may want to look into carb cycling if you’re interested. We have some articles on that in our archives.

Excellent info! I was either thinking of doing the V-diet or a carb-cycle diet. I found a carb cycle diet called the carb cycling codex by Christian Thibaudeau that I think I will do instead added with the shredded in 6 days diet, then later on play with the V-diet.

I really like the simplicity of the V-diet tho. No measuring no looking at food labels, just 2 scoops of protein and your ready to go. If I did the carb cycle diet could I go right into