Biotest

2 or 4 Scoops of MAG-10 in Between Meals

Trying to start to pulse between meals and didn’t know if 2 or 4 was scopps was better. Since I read it’s more than average protein I don’t want to overdo it with 4 when two is fine.

One serving (2 scoops) is all most people need when protein pulsing with <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10. And you’re right, only 20 grams of protein from Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis, as well as other muscle building and recovery effects, to a far greater degree than what you’d get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

We’ve had a few very big bodybuilders experiment with a double-dose pulse of Mag-10, but most people won’t need to go that far. I’d rather see people go with multiple pulses over the course of the day rather than 1 or 2 double-sized pulses.

While pulsing , since it’s just liquid , what do you recommend to feel more satiated if still feeling hungry?

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
While pulsing , since it’s just liquid , what do you recommend to feel more satiated if still feeling hungry? [/quote]

For optimal, textbook-style pulsing, you want to keep Mag-10 by itself. You want to spike in the aminos, then allow the body’s amino-acid levels to return to baseline after each spike. Optimal times for pulses are 30 minutes prior to meals, between meals, and post-workout, when the body is already in a hyper-responsive state and needs the additional protein.

Pulsing is most often done between two solid meals, so you shouldn’t be too hungry. For example, have a pulse between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. We’ve also experimented with a pulse upon waking, then breakfast 30-60 minutes later. That method works great for people like me who just aren’t hungry upon waking. A pulse before bed or even in the middle of the night if you wake naturally to pee is also a favorite method.

In short, it’s pretty hard to mess up, and it’s near impossible to interfere with Mag-10 getting in you fast and doing its thing. For this reason, coaches like John Meadows have had their clients to have a pulse with an handful of nut or some small snack. Seems to work great.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
For this reason, coaches like John Meadows have had their clients to have a pulse with an handful of nut or some small snack. Seems to work great. [/quote]

So they would have a handful of nuts or snack how long after they pulsed?

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
For this reason, coaches like John Meadows have had their clients to have a pulse with an handful of nut or some small snack. Seems to work great. [/quote]

So they would have a handful of nuts or snack how long after they pulsed? [/quote]

They’d actually have the snack with the Mag-10. Meadows suggested this as part of his original Reactive Pump plans. If you wanted the best of both worlds – being more satiated and making sure to get max effect from the pulse – have the Mag-10 first, wait 30 minutes, then have a snack.