Biotest

2-3 Scoops of Surge, or 1 Scoop of Plazma?

Dear mad scientists of Biotest,

This winter (I like to think ahead) I will be at a lower-paying job and training differently than I am now. Naturally I’ll need to make some adjustments to my supplement schedule. I currently train with two scoops of Plazma (one pre, one during) and one serving of MAG-10 30 minutes after training. Here’s how I train now…

I have made some adjustments here and there with exercise selection and volume since then. I’m still learning what works for me and what works in general.

This winter, I will be working at a climbing gym and so my training will almost excslusively consist of climbing. I do add in some mobility work and some antagonist work in the morning but for my true “work” sessions I will only be climbing, and the sessions usually last about 2.5 hours. The reason is that this allows me to develop my technique in addition to getting stronger. My main goal is to be a better climber, always.

With my restricted budget, the choice may come down to using one scoop of Plazma or just going back to Surge, which I love but not as much as Plazma. Which is the better choice? Also, if I can end up affording two scoops of Plazma would this be better than Surge?

Day 1,2 1 Plazma 1 SWF

Day 3 - maybe just some BCAAs as I see nothing worth SWF or Plazma.

Day 6 ( is this a climbing day? ) 1 Plazma and maybe 1 SWF if you’re climbing.

That way you get a bit of both worlds.

– Just my 15 peso’s

[quote]shralpinist wrote:
This winter, I will be working at a climbing gym and so my training will almost excslusively consist of climbing. I do add in some mobility work and some antagonist work in the morning but for my true “work” sessions I will only be climbing, and the sessions usually last about 2.5 hours.[/quote]
Really, I’d just go with straight Surge Workout Fuel.

Between your goal and the type of training/workout/practice sessions you’ll be doing, it just makes more sense. SWF has the extra goodies (like citrulline malate and beta-alanine) that can help with endurance-type activities, which I’m thinking a 2+ hour-long climbing session certainly approaches even if it isn’t “non-stop” climbing the whole time.

2 or 3 scoops of SWF over the course of the session, even bumping up to 4 scoops if it’s an extra-rough session, should be fine. It’s not that Plazma wouldn’t “work” or anything, it’s just not the best tool for the job if your primary workout is climbing for 2.5 hours, not lifting.

If/when your focus gets back on weight training, then Plazma would be the go-to. Although, they do share a few similar ingredients and people have sometimes, in a budget-crunch, stuck with Surge Workout Fuel instead of Plazma even for weight training.