Biotest

2/12/16--Velocity Ahoy

The long and short is that I’m sick and tired of gaining ground in losing weight all week and then fucking it up over the weekend. I really need something to break that cycle, and I’ve been eyeing the V-Diet for years and years now. Really excited to finally get started!

I’m going to be following the diet entirely to the letter with one big exception: the workouts. I have serious medical issues with my neck that stretch out in pain down one arm and my back, and lifting weights in the manner that the literature calls for is not an option for me (which I have learned over repeated trial and error). I hope this isn’t grounds for blasphemous talk around here in a community so righteously focused on bodybuilding; my general opinion is just that you guys know your shit when it comes to nutrition and I want to emulate you however I can. It’s just, that “can” doesn’t extend to lifting heavy weights in a rapid fashion.

I’ll still be working out and working up a sweat four days a week. I like to use DDPYoga; since I’ve started with it, I’ve been a lot more pain free and have built up a ton of muscle strength in my back, legs, and arms. It focuses on strength and flexibility, and there’s a cardiovascular element to it, but it doesn’t go overboard.

Starting Measurements:
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 213 lbs
Neck: 16 in.
Shoulders: 45.5
Chest: 41.5
Waist (one inch above): 38 in.
Waist (one inch below): 40.5 in
Waist (at navel): 42.5
Hips: 44 in
Biceps: R 14.5 in; L 15 in
Thighs: R 23in; L 22 in
Calves: R 16 in; L 16 in

I’ve already put in my NEPA for the day, and my HSM tonight will be some light sushi with my wife for Valentine’s Day.

Hi mate…

Don’t worry if you can’t follow the exercises… I did the V-diet in Jan this year, I’m on a kind of half V-diet at the moment before my holidays.

In the 28days, I dropped a whopping 15pounds! I started off following the excetcising plans as instructed,however by the end of week 2, I changed it up. I followed the principles of less rest times and heavy weighs, but altered it to suit my needs and an injury. A few people on the forum doing the diet did the same thing. It didn’t affect my losing fat.

I guess as long as you are sensible with your training, and that you are aware that the v-diet is a fairly low calorie diet (and so you won’t necessarily have enough energy for very heavy lifting… Unless you want to suffer!) then you should be fine!

Goodluck!
M

Thanks beanie!

Day 2 is going fine so far. A little weird because I woke up late, so my first meal of the day was the plazma during my workout, and then I had my HSM at a restaurant–so the last four meals will be all shakes. Feel fine so far, though I could definitely tell the plazma had an effect on my workout.

Day 3 is going fine so far. I’m about to ready some sweet potatoes for my HSM later and for the rest of this week–I usually just cook a batch all in one go and keep them in a tupperware for whatever I want to drop them in.

I’m a little hungrier than I was the last two days, but I suppose that’s to be expected as my body still adjusts. I’ve had some good results on the scale so far and I got in my NEPA walk this morning–just hope I can get a NEPA walk tomorrow morning before work! I’m pretty bad about sleeping in, so we’ll see.

Yup, I slept in.

Day 4 went swimmingly besides missing the NEPA walk in the morning; I made it up in the afternoon after my workout. But man, I was groooogggggyy. After 4 o’clock I hit a real heavy wall that didn’t want to go anywhere. The plazma pushed it off for a bit, but it returned with a vengeance and put me down to bed early.

From my weigh-in today, I’m down about 4 pounds from where I started. Like what the skyscraper window cleaner heard the falling man say: so far, so good.

I’m on day 7 and still going strong. Hunger has been stronger the last two days than it was for the first five, and yesterday my grogginess was IMMENSE. My body’s just not used to not having carbs in the first part of the day at all.

After losing a few pounds in the initial couple of days, my weight has stayed pretty stubbornly around 209. I know the scale isn’t the end-all, be-all, but it’s a nice motivator when it goes down. I’m still not at the point where I’m seeing really visible changes, but I’m still cranking away.

5 pounds in 7 days, not bad at all. Keep it up. I’ll be joining you on Monday.

1 Like

Measurements after 1 week:
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 209 lbs (-4)
Neck: 15.5 in. (-.5)
Shoulders: 49.5 (I must have mis-measured last week, because I definitely didn’t grow four inches of tissue)
Chest: 41.5
Waist (one inch above): 38 in.
Waist (one inch below): 40.25 in (-.25)
Waist (at navel): 41 (-1.5)
Thighs: R 23.5in; L 23.5 in (+.5, +1.5)

Feeling good. Looking forward to next week already.

Day 14 here and going strong still. Haven’t cheated once, outside of nabbing a dried prune or some blueberries at dinner every other day or so, which is kind of a miracle in itself. I think this is the first time in several, several years where I’ve gone through two weeks without eating some kind of pizza/hot dog/chocolate/hamburger/otherwise junk.

Gotta say, I’m kind of still bummed out about my overall lack of weight loss. I rolled in at 208.4 today, which is about a 4.6 pound loss from where I started. For running a caloric deficit for 13 days straight, I would have hoped for a little better result on the scale. I know that’s not everything, but it would be a nice psychological boost!

Still, I feel like I’m looking better than I was. Pants are fitting better. Tummy is getting smaller. My legs feel a LOT stronger than they did before. So, there’s progress, but I’m impatient.

1 Like

Measurements after 2 weeks:
Weight: 207.4 lbs (-1.6 from last week, -5.6 overall)
Neck: 15.5 in.
Shoulders: 49.5
Chest: 41 (-.5)
Waist (one inch above): 37 in. (-1)
Waist (one inch below): 40 in (-.25)
Waist (at navel): 39 (-2)
Thighs: R 24.5in; L 24 in (+.1, +.5)

That’s some nice reduction in the waist!

Day 19. Still going strong. A little less hungry this week than last, and a little less lethargic. Starting to try and put together a plan of some kind to keep cutting after the 28 days are up.

Day 21! It’s weird, I keep thinking that this is for 30 days, not 28, so I keep getting pleasantly surprised that I have so little time left.

I feel like I could conceivably do this for a while. I probably will keep going on some form of it–with maybe an extra meal or two, and maybe a few relaxed rules on the weekend–to keep dropping body fat % as I move forward. As it stands, though, I’ve got 21 days without stress/emotional/binge eating, and that felt like an impossibility 22 days ago. On Tuesday, I got a little stressed and ate like, 5 dried prunes kind of late at night. I’m not going to beat myself up for it. Other than that, all my HSMs have been chicken, broccoli, and quinoa, with some different sauces every night. Early on it was turkey and salad. I should probably mix it up more, but it’s nice for me to just be able to make one simple thing.

I don’t think it’s that I don’t “crave” those old junky foods–though I never really bought into that part of the program. It’s more that this is so straightforward and simple–that I know when and what my next meal is always.

I will say some of the supplements included don’t seem like they’re going to last all 28 days. I’ve already had to re-up on Superfood, and my Plazma is running low as well. Strangely, if trends hold, I’ll have a surplus of protein by a bag or two. Oh well.

3 week measurements

Weight: 204.2 lbs (-3.2 from last week, -8.8 overall)
Neck: 15.5 in.
Shoulders: 50 (+.5)
Chest: 40.5 (-.5)
Waist (one inch above): 36 in. (-1)
Waist (one inch below): 39.75 in (-.25)
Waist (at navel): 38.5 (-.5)
Hips: 43 in (-1)
Thighs: R 25in; L 25 in (+.5, +1)

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.