Biotest

13-Year-Old on V-Diet?

I have a 13 yr old son that is 6’1’’, 240 lbs 30%ish body fat. He’s at an age where his appearance is starting to matter to him. He’s on the track team right now throwing the shot put, I’m sure I spelled that wrong, but they run a lot too. His mother and I own a gym and he works out with me every chance he gets. He has a personal trainer that has helped him with strength and conditioning but his body fat remains. We’ve tried cutting way back on his carb intake but nothing seams to work. Is he too young for the V-Diet.

[quote]David T wrote:
I have a 13 yr old son that is 6’1’’, 240 lbs 30%ish body fat. He’s at an age where his appearance is starting to matter to him. He’s on the track team right now throwing the shot put, I’m sure I spelled that wrong, but they run a lot too. His mother and I own a gym and he works out with me every chance he gets. He has a personal trainer that has helped him with strength and conditioning but his body fat remains. We’ve tried cutting way back on his carb intake but nothing seams to work. Is he too young for the V-Diet. [/quote]

Yes. The V-Diet is not for kids. Plus he’s not even old enough to use some of the required supplements.

If he’s training as much as you say, clearly this is a diet issue. I doubt that “nothing seems to work.” A 13 year old does not get very overweight accidentally. Perhaps he’s swilling soft drinks and eating junk food when he’s not in your presence? Is there junk food in the house?

Thank you for the reply Chris. He does drink soft drinks and snacks on junk but no more that any of the other kids. I guess his motabolism requires more attention than others. Anyway thank again…

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.