Biotest

100g Carb Issues

I bought a new phone, and on it I have loaded a app that tracks my workouts, and food log. I have been keeping track of everything on it and well I am having issues keeping at the 100g carb goal.

With 2 shakes, and surge recovery I am at 67g of carbs. That is a given on 5-6 days of the week that I will take in those supplements. I am trying to eat super clean so that I can drop body fat. I have already done the V-diet and plan on doing it later in the year, again.

Anyone have any suggestions or guidance to keep me within the 100g carb goal. I know Chris said not to worry about going over a little but I am already at 127g of carbs for the day and I have not eaten dinner…

How many of those carbs are derived from vegetables and/or fiber? Because you can pretty much not count those toward the total.

That said, let us know what your typical daily diet looks like and maybe we can help you make some substitutions.

Also, for the person who lifts hard, 150g is usually just fine on training days.

Pre-Workout:
1/2 Cup Qinoa with walnuts, blueberries, Blackberries, Apple

Breakfast:
3 boiled eggs
2 Tsp of Organic Salsa

Snack:
Low-Carb Metabolic Drive Shake

Lunch:
Usually leftovers from the nigt before.
Slow cooked Pork shoulder roast
Sweet Potatoes
Yellow and Green Squash Steamed

Snack:
Low-Carb Metabolic Drive

Dinner:
Grilled chicken and a 1oz. Piece of Talapia
Mashed Parsnips
Okra sauted (sp) with olive oil and salt/pepper

I made a Quinoa flour cupcake with splenda, low-fat sour cream, unsweetened cooking chocolate…

I am eating every few hours with using a lot of the v-life recipies. I will cook chicken, pork chop, or some sort of lean meat. I always try to cook enough to where I have leftovers to eat the next day for lunch ( easy on the wallet that way). I am stying away from rice, noodle, any store bought breads. I will have a carb-balance tortilla ( Mission). If I have breads I am only using bread that I cook with Almond Flour ( thanks for the Honeyville link by the way). I make variations with bananna, rasin/walnut, blueberry, what ever I feel like. This counter is saying that I am barely getting in 1900 calories… Which concerns me, because I thought that I would need to eat more to maintain or make gains in muscle mass and be able to burn fat ( which I have)
I am working out in the AM first thing for an hour, but try to do a few things when I get home in the afternoon if I can sneak it in. ( my daughter it the determining factor)
Suggestions

Quickly, I’d suggest to reduce the quinoa and sweet potatoes. There’s your extra carbs that you could do without.

Some consider quinoa as bad as a cereal grain, even though it’s a seed. I’d say it’s better, but maybe not perfect.

I like a sweet potato once per week or so, but it’s very easy to overdo them if your goal is fat loss with a reduced carb plan.

I try to rotate for dinner: parsnips, sweetpotato, almond bread or something like that. I have done a good job staying away from store bought bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, flour tortillas.

I will cut back on the quinoa. How long until I should see any changes? 4 weeks? Ofcourse I am seeing this through, but I am just looking for a benchmark to shoot for. I am not sure how long changes take to show results. I know everyone is different but, is there a “typical” time frame? Thanks, Sean

[quote]texis300 wrote:
I try to rotate for dinner: parsnips, sweetpotato, almond bread or something like that. I have done a good job staying away from store bought bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, flour tortillas.

I will cut back on the quinoa. How long until I should see any changes? 4 weeks? Ofcourse I am seeing this through, but I am just looking for a benchmark to shoot for. I am not sure how long changes take to show results. I know everyone is different but, is there a “typical” time frame? Thanks, Sean [/quote]

There’s no typical time frame. WAY too many variables, from genetics to lifestyle to workouts, etc.

Well with my genetics… this could take a while… It is all good I am in for the long haul anyway…