Biotest

100g Carb Cure Recovery

Say i bash my legs on a tuesday, is it normal to feel muscle ache for the next 2 days week in week out? Like my hams and glutes feel raped every week from squats, like when you havent trained for weeks then come back, ur feeling sore for a couple of days but then when ur back into it ur ok and you dont seem to get the same muscle ache?

Seems pretty normal to me. Good peri-workout nutrition can lesson this (and that’s possible on the Carb Cure), but personally I’d feel kinda disappointed in myself if I wasn’t sore for a couple of days after leg training.

There’s an ongoing debate about whether soreness is necessary or even a good sign, but among all the hardcore trainers I know, soreness in one area or another is pretty much a constant state.

And I like Chad Waterbury’s general approach here: train right through it.

Ok thanks, just somthing ive not experienced before and was just checking.

[quote]Chrispy61 wrote:
Say i bash my legs on a tuesday, is it normal to feel muscle ache for the next 2 days week in week out? Like my hams and glutes feel raped every week from squats, like when you havent trained for weeks then come back, ur feeling sore for a couple of days but then when ur back into it ur ok and you dont seem to get the same muscle ache?[/quote]

i’m doing the 100g carb thingy too, and noticed i’m living my life sore. any given day a part of my body is sore from training - that was until i started sandwiching my training with protein shakes. i will do 2 scoops within 30 minutes of training and 2 scoops after and for the past 3 weeks i’ve been pain free.

That’s totally normal. What I find helps is doing light leg work the day(s) after without fatiguing yourself…check out neural charge training section which is under the training tab. Foam rolling also seems to have really, really improved my recovery.