Biotest

10 Ways to Fail the V-Diet

Just for fun:

The Top 10 Ways to Fail the V-Diet

1. Don’t use the recommended supplements. Make substitutions. Use a whey-only protein powder. Because, golly, saving 6 dollars is much more important than actually reaching your physique goals!

2. Order only one or two week’s worth of supplies. In other words, plan to quit. And surely Biotest won’t sell out of Metabolic Drive right in the middle of your V-Diet, right?

3. Ignore the Velocity Training program. You are a beautiful and unique snowflake who doesn’t have to follow the precise plan written for the V-Diet. Sure, this always causes other people to fail, but not you. You’re so special you fart rainbows.

4. Add in lots of cardio or sports instead of just doing the NEPA walks and the V-Burn Challenge. (See #3, snowflake.)

5. Drink lots of booze on the weekends. Dude, it’s not really “food,” right?

6. Change the nutritional plan up. Add solid foods, use milk instead of water to make shakes, have a cheat/binge meal instead of an HSM. After all, you know more about fat loss than that Shugart fella. And your own nutritional plan has worked really really well for you in the past, right?

7. Feel sorry for yourself instead of coming into the diet properly pissed off and ready to change. Be sure to blame other people or situations for your fatness while you’re at it. Bonus: If you fail the V-Diet, have a handy excuse ready that places the blame squarely on someone other than yourself. You’re a victim. Your belly rolls are someone else’s fault.

8. Don’t do tape measurements, take photos, or monitor scale weight like the V-Diet plan says to do. Those rules are for other people. Not you.

9. Let other people influence you. Let them talk you out of it, tempt you with bad foods, and distract you from reaching your goals. In other words, don’t do anything for yourself. You’re just an extra in their movie. Know your role.

10. Lower your standards. When the V-Diet gets tough, tell yourself that you never wanted to be lean anyway, that “girls don’t like abs,” or that your husband loves you even with your three-times-the-size-of-when-you-met caboose.

Ah, so wrong. But so right.

Good stuff…when i do this diet soon, it will be motivation

Great list, should be mandatory people read this before asking dumb questions on this forum.

Good points, and good pic!

LR

Good read.

There is some funny stuff people will do when on a diet.

“Well, I already lost 1.5lbs…I can have a box of chocolates”

“I worked out today, I deserve this pizza before I go to bed”

I have avoided all of these aside from rule 8. I’ll have to pick up a cloth measuring tape today or tomorrow so I can better track my results and stay motivated.

Saturday is the St. Patty’s festivities here in Pittsburgh, and all the boys are going out for a good old time. I must say that i’ll feel pretty left out, but saturday is HSM day and i can’t f*cking wait! Grilled chicken with some jerk seasoning and some steamed broccoli…and no hangover the next day. Boooyahhhhh!

[quote]cwick23 wrote:
Saturday is the St. Patty’s festivities here in Pittsburgh, and all the boys are going out for a good old time. I must say that i’ll feel pretty left out, [/quote]

Well, you CAN go out and choose NOT to drink. Really, I’ve seen it done!

Yes…yes. And I just may be more charming to the ladies as I won’t be slurring my words or slobbering on myself. But my friends can be a bit brutal and I can see a few of them holding me down while another pours yager down my throat.

I think i’ll just be available for when they need a ride home. Hopefully they would have scored some chics…but I doubt they would save me anything but a fatty.

Chris this rocks THANKS!!!
I was FRESH outta excuses!!! LOL

yup it takes guts, courage and taking responsibility for your life!!!

Last 2 years I’ve dropped 75 pounds of “I’m so sorry for me, life is so tough” crap/fat.

I worked and I sweated like FEW others in the gym ever do. My eating is so much better than it was, however I have always had bad eating habits, when I was younger it didn’t matter i could burn it off easily, but now it is time to pay the Piper.

I hoping the Vdiet’ll help me plow through those last few tons of fat that I need to lose and also get my tastes more in line with an ALWAYS eating clean kind of mind set!!!

Thanks for the motivation!!!

:wink: I’m not scoring 100% in avoiding the entire top ten I must say…haha ;o) 8 out of 10 ain’t that bad…right?

Just kidding, I know #1 is probably the most important one and I completly sold to Biotest in that THEY are the quality supplement line out there. I used to be a regular customer, but I’m on a tight budget lately and canadian customs almost double the price of any of my orders, these bastards. But I think I’ll manage to pick the right alternatives.

I’m also guilty of adding stuff to Chad’s routine…yes I have special needs…So like I said in my thread, if I do screw up, Chad Waterbury will have the right to tell me ‘‘i told you so’’ and Chris, you’ll get to call me Snowflake ;o)

I’m on a modified training routine also, but mainly because I’m rocking a bunch of training injuries that prevent me from doing overhead movements, deadlifts and most types of squatting. Sucks, but there you go - I do what I can to get a training effect whilst strengthening imbalances and rehabbing the injuries and will resume the contraindicated movements once it’s safe for me to do so. I’m not willing to put off much needed flab loss until then, because it could be months.

What injury are you trying to work through?

Well done, Chris! For the most part, I am actually enjoying the V-Diet. It has been tough, but I feel lighter, stronger and tighter. Also, I feel more motivated to workout. I am on day 10. My wife started four days ago and my 10 and 12 year olds are asking for us to make them shakes (smoothies as they call them). So now its a family affair!

Dr. Mike

[quote]mmcrath wrote:
Well done, Chris! For the most part, I am actually enjoying the V-Diet. It has been tough, but I feel lighter, stronger and tighter. Also, I feel more motivated to workout. I am on day 10. My wife started four days ago and my 10 and 12 year olds are asking for us to make them shakes (smoothies as they call them). So now its a family affair!

Dr. Mike[/quote]

Very cool, Dr. Mike. My 10 year old daughter has been sharing my shakes with me now for, oh, about 8 years! Her current favorite involves adding a scoop of frozen yogurt to a chocolate Metabolic Drive shake. Not V-Diet approved, but a darn tasty and healthy treat for an active, growing kiddo,

Chris,
I think I am on here everyday asking you something! I am pissed at how I let myself go! This is exactly why I am going this!

Now I am on Day 12, been doing veeery good! For the past couple days now I am force feeding myself these shakes! ( IS this normal?) I mean I can not finish them it is becoming very difficult. I read to try different textures, done it, doesn’t work, thick thin still hard to drink, but nonetheless I am forcing them! First week had NO problems, I was licking the bottles now I don’t know…Please PLEASE help I do not want to fail this!
Thank you always in advance =)

Well, I’m on day 19 of the V-Diet and honestly I’ve screwed up a few times (bachelor party where I’m in the wedding party & taking mom out for a brunch where I went overboard with the salad bar). I’m still getting very impressive results though (down 4-5% in body fat with caliper measurements).

This diet definitely works faster than the standard cutting phases I used to do where I would lose a whole bunch of muscle mass along with the fat.

I do have a hypothetical question Chris …

I realize that part of the reason protein shakes are recommended is because they are easier and there’s virtually no thinking involved about what you’re going to eat.

But how do you think someone’s results will be affected if they followed a diet similar to the V-Diet, but with only solid foods? (I.e. matching the macronutrient content of each of the shakes with solid food instead)

I’m sorry if this question has been asked before, if it has maybe you can point me to the right link.

[quote]CHAMMKA wrote:
Chris,
I think I am on here everyday asking you something! I am pissed at how I let myself go! This is exactly why I am going this!

Now I am on Day 12, been doing veeery good! For the past couple days now I am force feeding myself these shakes! ( IS this normal?) I mean I can not finish them it is becoming very difficult. I read to try different textures, done it, doesn’t work, thick thin still hard to drink, but nonetheless I am forcing them! First week had NO problems, I was licking the bottles now I don’t know…Please PLEASE help I do not want to fail this!
Thank you always in advance =)[/quote]

You know, some V-Dieters report being “hungry” all the time (it’s more habit than hunger, but I digress.) And some can hardly even finish their shakes and feel very full. So it’s a toss up. Nothing you can do in either situation but tough it out and enter The Grind portion of the diet:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/blog_march_13_the_grind

[quote]jumpoff wrote:

But how do you think someone’s results will be affected if they followed a diet similar to the V-Diet, but with only solid foods? (I.e. matching the macronutrient content of each of the shakes with solid food instead)

[/quote]

If this worked, then America wouldn’t be 66% overweight or obese.

Sounds good, should work, makes sense, looks good on paper… and fails most of the time.

I’ve answered this in more detail elsewhere in this thread.

I started the V-Diet on March 9, and so far I have done great…grilled out for friends and family the DAY I STARTED and didn’t have any of it, lol. Something I did have earlier this week though, which I have a question about, was a big ass dill pickle.

The whole pickle was 1g of carb and 10 calories. Roughly the same content of a stick of gum or so. It was large so it made me feel full, and I was satisfied after I ate it.

I was wondering if that’s a huge monkey wrench in the process…I know you said each part of the diet/training is a machine and if you’re off on one thing it could ruin the whole program…but just wanted your take.

Chris

[quote]Nicky_Boy28 wrote:
What injury are you trying to work through?[/quote]

Try injuries.

I have upper and lower crossed syndrome from working on a computer for long hours for 20+ years. I have also been lifting 20+ years and have an accumulation of problems, plus some new ones.

Right shoulder: old RC injury I’ve had since I was 24 (41 now). Supraspinatus. It’s manageable but has a reduced ROM and grumbles if I take the piss.

Left shoulder: recent RC injury, subscapularis. Pain around the AC joint. This is the one that’s stopping me doing overheads. Been rehabbing this to stop it ending up like the right one. I don’t want to make that mistake twice.

I have muscle imbalances in my upper back and thorassic pain so I’m doing scap stability work and foam rolling my T-spine. I do a lot of rowing movements to correct this.

Left hamstring/glute: sporadic pain. Sometimes feel this in my hip, low back or glute. Sitting can hurt. Was bad before Christmas, then seemed to improve, then flared up again after I tried doing Bulgarian split squats. Have been having physio on it - he told me not to deadlift which sucks as I love to (but he’s right, it does make it worse).

Tight ITB on this leg too. It’s out of whack, so again, I’m doing a lot of glute activation and mobility work.

Right knee/ankle: Nothing too bad here but I have a big Q angle and an unstable (multiple sprains) ankle - this leg is longer than the other.

So there you go. I’d rather do the program as prescribed, but it would be counterproductive for me at this point.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.